cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckielugger
Contributor
Message 41 of 51

Re: Post Your Speed

Further update.  As previously stated IP profile dropped, must be 4 weeks ago now.  Engineer came, everything ok, he requested profile change.  It went back up to 1.2 for a day, and dropped to around .6 or .7.  Has been like that for about 2 weeks.  Contacted BT first day it dropped - told to wait 3 days until it settled.  Did that, contacted them after 3 days, told it was 10 days wait until it settled.  Contacted again on eleventh day and silence ever since.  Complete waste of time - I had to take a day off work for the engineer visit, I am paying full whack for a rubbish service, and I can't go elsewhere as BT are the only broadband supplier in the area.  All the reassurances that i need not worry and it will be fixed - promise - were and are just a sham.

0 Ratings
buckielugger
Contributor
Message 42 of 51

Further further update - within 45 minutes of posting on this forum I get a call from the overseas customer service dept - more promises of getting you sorted sir.  Change the filter - no improvement.  Unscrew socket face and try the test socket with both phone and broadband connected - you are getting 1.2 now sir!  Now put front plate back on, connect filter but only connect broadband, do not connect phone - oh, wow sir you are now getting 1.8 to 2.  Sounds fantastic to me.  What you need to do now is leave the phone unplugged for four hours and everything will be perfect.  Well four hours later and broadband speed is as cr*p as ever.  These guys wherever they are must think we are total twa*s.  How do you get BT to actually take an interest in a problem and resolve it?  They really don't give a sh*t.  I think a visit to trading standards on Monday might be on the cards.  Oh for competition.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Craigeh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 51

0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 44 of 51

0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 51

When I did the test with the BT forum closed I got this:

This forum is killing my connection! 😛

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 51

Just to prove you can get this on a 9km line!!

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 51

Is that from Smolton or Barney Edd ?

Del.

0 Ratings
Craigeh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 51

Gouledw, how did you manage that? I struggle to get 1.5meg on a 3.5-4km line 😞

0 Ratings
Customer2011
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 51

Gouledw, did you have the BT forum open when you did that speed test? When I closed the forum my download speed went up a considerable amount, don't know what this forum uses but it sure does affect the speed, atleast for me lol

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 51

@Del , Meshaw.

@Craigeh its because I had a phone fault, had it escalated, 7 months on they replaced 3km of cable with nice fat chunky cable for speed 😉 And got rid of any aluminium thats on the line... I am on a fixed rate service though.  And also craig its thanks to other bits and bobs I've done like improving my socket, and getting other bits and bobs.  Please feel free to PM me if you would like to know what I've done. :).

@Customer 2011, Thats the best speed that I get anyway.

And on the plus side, I pay for what I get, good service, may not be fastest but for here its decent, and its only £20 a month for unlimited everything :D.

0 Ratings