cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 22

Re: Post got moved again :(

Okay, I will give this a go. It seems strange that it worked fine for over a year with the settings as they are and these last couple of weeks it has been a nightmare.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Okay, so I have split the SSID's and turned off Smart wireless as suggested. Fingers crossed this works! Watch this space...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 22

Good luck with that.

I think BT have obviously changed something in the firmware. Pity they haven't said what's been changed.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 22

Well it has just dropped again, so that hasn't worked 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 22

Was that on 5 or 2.4 band
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

It's my laptop, which is the 2.4 GHz band..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 22

I think the new firmware has broken your Homehub, so I suggest you ask for a replacement.

If you find you can't trust BT you may consider lashing out up to £100 to purchase a 3rd party modem/router that BT can't break.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 22

One think you could try is download Inssider and have a look at local channels see how crowded the 2.4 band is for you http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

The 5GHz band is far less crowded due to limited range
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

Trying to speak to BT now and it is a nightmare. Via chat someone applied the same changes to my router that I did (they also changed the interface type). I then lost the connection (haha) to the chat so called in. First person I spoke to said has anyone suggested sending a new router, I said no. So he said he would transfer me to the right dept to sort this. Next person I spoke to insisted on making the same changes again (changed back to the interface type it was before), and says the router is not faulty. That people on this forum who are still having this issue are probably not real and just on here to rubbish BT (!!), and that the changes he has made will solve the issue for sure as apparently they have for everyone else he has helped... Feeling very frustrated right now. Apparently I have to monitor for 3-5 days. Someone is calling me back on Friday to get an update. Ugh.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

if you can stand the hassle I would phone again as you will get someone different and again ask for a replacement hub as this one is faulty  the monitor 3/5 days and call back in majority of instances never happens and just a way to end the call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings