It sounds like staying with Sky would be less stress and hassle all round.
Welcome to the BT Consumer Community and thanks for your post!
I'm sorry for the problems your Mother In Law is having moving her services over to us. I completely get that it has been tough for her and I understand how important it is to have her services working.
The advice the guys have gave you on here is correct. It is up to your current provider to raise an ORDI request to Openreach. I would love to be able to help to make things as smooth as possible for her but there is nothing I can do from here I'm afraid as her services aren't currently with BT.
If the move was the other way round then I would be able to help in that scenario. The best advice I can give you is to reach out to her current provider to get the ORDI request raised.
Thank you for your reply. We did ask for our current provider to raise an ORDI request with Open Reach back at the beginning of July & have continued to do so since then. I’ve just spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to 2 different BT advisors who went through all the same questions again. The first one assured me that a case worker would phone me back within an hour. 2 hours later I phoned BT again & there was no apparent record of my earlier conversation! I’ve been told that the order will go through this time but am not holding my breath.Let’s see what tomorrow brings.
I expect the order to cancel again if post code not corrected
I think you have been given the options - stick with SKY and keep number or move to BT, get new number and then ask BT for existing number as suggested by @Keith_Beddoe
I am sorry but you only seem to have the 2 choices
stay with SKY and get them to raise ORDI and get post code changed then move or
move to BT and when you are BT customer BT will raise ORDI with openreach and also be able to retrieve existing number