Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Power supply for BT openreach optical network box

Go to solution

Hello All,

We moved in to our new house on Thursday, prearranged everything with BT, our account was live, the modem was delivered etc. However I realized that the previous tenants (probably) took the power supply of the wall mounted optical network box.

Not to worry, I tried the BT modem's power supply as I had a spare (electronic engineers now demand my head, I know) and it worked, perfect fit, lights coming up, Power, PON, LOS, TEL, PORT1 turns green after a while.

Still no connection, modem is having the B red flashing with the cylon line continous orange. According to BT all is good on their end, they will send an engineer to check. So now I'll wait for the engineer but in the meantime, does anybody have the specification for the power supply of this ONB?

Mine looks exactly like this:

https://cdn.recombu.com/media/digital/news/legacy/M11039/1351515986_w670_h549.jpg

thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Power supply for BT openreach optical network box

Go to solution
PS: In some pictures I can see like a battery pack next to this box and it's been powered through this pack, when I check mine, I can see the holes on the wall, something was next to this network box... Is it possible that my internet is not working because of a wrong power supply even though everything is solid green?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
all you can do is wait for the engineer it sounds like the previous occupier removed some Openreach parts that they should not have
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks! Will do... I can survive 1 more day 🙂
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Engineer come out, he installed the proper power supply and the battery pack. It wasn't the power supply though, openreach failed to activate something? Anyway, all is sorted now, I'll post the type of the power supply when I got home just in case somebody will need it in the future.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Shadoan,

It's good to see everything is sorted now and the engineer was able to get it fixed.

It would be good of you to post that. If you could post a pic of it too it may help others Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings