cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Powerline Adaptors with BT You VIew?

I am leaving Talk Talk and possibly coming back to BT.

Firstly, has anyone managed to get the £49 "activation" fee waived, I don't want to pay this if it can be avoided! Seems like money for nothing.

Secondly, do BT issue Powerline adaptors for the You View box? I recall getting these with my first Vision box allthough I passed these onto the person I gave the old box too.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
mcgroa
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Powerline Adaptors with BT You VIew?

i think the consensus would be they do in general for all the normal stuff, like on demand and the bt vision app

patchy on the new internet streaming channels.  mine work but they are devolo's. i didnt try the ones they sent me.

0 Ratings
stueyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

I got sent a couple with my Youview box and they work fine. Bit sketchy with BT Sport but I don't think that's really the fault of the PLA's as it's the same with a direct connection.
0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 12

I use the BT-supplied powerline adaptors and have no problem with extra channels or BT Sport.

It may help that both adaptors are in the same room (on the same ring main).
0 Ratings
normanmclean
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks all. How do you order these when placing the order then, are they automatically sent or would I need to phone to do it?

0 Ratings
parkender
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

They are included in your order unless you don't want them, ordered my youview box the other day from bt
0 Ratings
confused_scoob
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Can anyone tell me why BT Sport doesn't work with the adapters..
0 Ratings
BattFink
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I've got BT Sport via youview & it works fine through a pair of homeplug adapters (85Meg netgear's)

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

I think it can be a problem when watching BT Sport HD, because obviously the amount of data is greater and some units cannot handle this as well as others, I have always had hard wired cat 5 cable and so this has never been a problem to me.

I am looking into the adapters for a friend and the most popular one on A***, a very large sellers site, is a
TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps,, they cost about £22.95 a pair, and reading the reviews using searches
such as "youview" or "HD" they do seem very good.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 10 of 12

As of this evening I got BT sports and ESPN in SD and HD turned on my retail YouView box and im  using 200mb pass though powerline addaprers and all seems to be working so far.

Darren

0 Ratings