Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Robin
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Powerline adapters

Go to solution

Hello.

Just ordered a Youview box today, along with a separate TP Link mini router from PC World. However, looking at my order it seems as though there is a pair of Powerline Adapters included.

Can anyone tell me which make of adapters are being shipped with the Youview box at the moment?

Thanks.

Robin.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Powerline adapters

Go to solution

The are made by Simpler Networks and the model is the HP200PT64 as seen here.

http://simpler-networks.com/shop/article_110/HP200PT64.html?sessid=qM0Yii8fABqJT9h25NalSrW2dBuvaTa3W...

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks for that bit of info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

That's good to hear that BT no longer use the HP200PT64BT2 ones:)

(note the BT2)

If they're just the HP200PT64's then there should be a disc sent with them, if they're the BT2's then BT have had them locked down:(

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Just checked again. Mine are labelled HP200PT64BT. No disc was supplied. Not actually using them waiting for my infinity FTTP install tomorrow because when the engineer has left I will be moving the  furniture around. Hopefully they will work OK.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Nah, the BT ones don't have a disc, nor can you tweak them like you could with the previous comtrend ones:(

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I realise that the adapter next to the router needs to be into a main socket, but can the second adapter be plugged into an extension lead?

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@Robin wrote:

I realise that the adapter next to the router needs to be into a main socket, but can the second adapter be plugged into an extension lead?

It DOES work but tbh it's not worth it unles you ABSOLUTELY have to as the speed and error correction required will be a problem....if you are doing it may I suggest an investment in the best extension lead you can find...

Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@Robin wrote:

Provided that the adaptor is not one that incorporates surge protection as this will block the signals passed through the adaptor.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Robin
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I may be better off using the TP-LINK TL-WR702N mini router I have on order from PC World.

0 Ratings