Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Powerline adapters

Go to solution

As a quick aside, should I not have got powerline adapters with my new YV box, as I did with my BTV box, or are they now an extra paid item?

0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

The powerline adapters are available for youview subscribers for free but only on request. Try speaking to customer service and see if they will send you more out. When I ordered my box I had to make it clear that I needed them.

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@miket101 wrote:

The powerline adapters are available for youview subscribers for free but only on request. Try speaking to customer service and see if they will send you more out. When I ordered my box I had to make it clear that I needed them.

Thanks Mike - I have sent Stephanie a PM asking her to send some out to me - I really need some as my old ones are shot and the cable stretches across a table....which is interesting my two feline friends....

0 Ratings
Robin
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Use the supplied powerline adapters and they worked fine, but they looked a bit bulky and I couldn't hide them in any way. I decided to use the TP Link mini router and this is working well too.

Anyone tell me how to find out the speed of the connection from my Youview box to my Home Hub?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Robin.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bayview
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi

What is it, exactly, that BT do to these Powerline adapters? Last year, when I received my BT Vision box, it came with a pair of HP200PT64BTs, which work a treat, but which aren't compatible with my existing 85MBps powerlines. At the time, I just assumed that it was perhaps a different standard, so didn't worry too much and ran two powerline networks around the house, the old 85MBps and the new 200MBps, and all works fine.

When I received my new BT YouView box, I got another pair of BT Powerlines, this time they're HP200PT64BT2s. I had hoped to keep using my old pair with the new Youview box and the new pair to extand that network to another couple of devices - no joy! The new pair don't seem to commincate with the old pair! As a compromise, I now have an old and new BT powerline plugged in to my router, with one servicing the YouView box and another my AppleTV. In order to maintain my existing 85MBps network, I'm going to have to plug one of them in to the router too, which seems ludicrous! How and why are the BT units locked down and can they be freed up?

Thanks

0 Ratings