cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 24

Re: Prem League Tender

I don't rate the 5:30 on a Saturday a good slot. Anyone who has been to a 3:00 kick off will still be on their way home.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 24

Sky have paid £4.2bn to secure the rights to 126 matches which will be shown as follows:

- 28 matches on Saturday at 12.30pm
- 28 matches on Sunday between 1.30pm and 2.15pm
- 28 matches on Sunday between 4pm and 4.30pm
- 28 matches on Monday at 8pm (max 18) or on Friday between 7.30pm and 8pm (max 10)

BT Sport have paid £960m to secure the rights to 42 matches which will be shown as follows:

- 28 matches on Saturday at 5.30pm
- 6 matches on midweek evenings and 8 matches on Saturdays

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 24

@davidmridge61 wrote:
I don't rate the 5:30 on a Saturday a good slot. Anyone who has been to a 3:00 kick off will still be on their way home.

The 5:30 slot gets more viewers than the 12:45 slot for the same standard of games.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 24

It is about time BT got the comms part of their business right customer support etc before they spend even more money which will increase customers costs, I bet it is spread so even those among us that never watch sports contribute to the expenditure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 24

It will probably mean that BT will have to 'off-shore' more customer services to pay for the deal.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

I don't think this is bad business for BT.

When you look at the offering they have now for football .... FA cup, euro leagues, champions league and premier league, then look at what they have paid overall for those rights they have done ok.  SKY have overpaid for this imo, I am sure it will result in another fee increase for SKY customers, one of the many reasons I cancelled SKY and moved to BT. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Will be interesting to see if BT now go in for the upcoming La Liga rights. Especially as I would assume they bid for some of the Prem League packages that Sky won and so now have slightly less football than maybe they were hoping for. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

An analyst was just heard on the radio, commenting on the money BT and Sky will be spending on football. It went something like "BT will be alright, because they can just absorb the extra cost by increases in line rental".

It will be a hassle, but this is the spur to start migrating email addresses so I can leave BT for good.

Highlighted
Guru
Message 19 of 24

Good idea, always good to listen to "An analyst"

Stew
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 24

And of course none of the other companies will ever put any of their prices up (and I am not talking just about sports subs).....lol

0 Ratings