I thank you for your reply,
Its unclear to me (i assume to everyone else also) why was this put on the back burner for over 12 months when you are aware that your customers are having problems ?
Someone in authority must have put this project on hold for over 12 months before giving the go ahead to make some new firmware recently ! (If this is the case i would like to ask why this was put on hold leaving customers with pretty useless premium product when the first disc's released seem to function well)?
And thus this is why the new firmware has issues, its a quick push to get it done, and when testing you discovered issues, or would you have us believe its taken 14 months to make firmware that has issues ?
I suspect they're treating it like an F1 car i.e. stop development of the existing model and focus development resource on it's replacement (like supporting Wi-Fi 6 endpoints and maybe 6E backhaul).
The difference is the f1 car can make it to the end of the season running! If these were left in a good working state and customers were just missing a few little tweaks that would be expectable, however these are not fit for purpose! NO BACKHAUL even the first discs released have that...! Simply no excuse for leaving them in this state.
Just my opinion!
I feel so sorry for you guys purchasing this product and being completely let down by BT.
I so nearly purchased these BT devices but in the end I got the Deco M9 Plus and they have been completely faultless. If you're looking to switch to a product that does what it says on the tin, you can't go wrong with tp-link. I've always owned Netgear kit, but tp-link have converted me.
BT might be good at laying cables and running a telephone network, but they are behind the curve when it comes to wifi products, so best to buy from a company that specialises in them.
The fact that you only told us that the apparently “in development” mythical firmware update was delayed after the deadline and a lot of harassing from us tells us all what you think of your customers and this product.
So first things first, what happens if you miss this months deadline? Are we expected to continue waiting for a fix to a falsely advertised product for another month? What guarantees can you give us that this will be resolved this month?
Anyway, we all know that you won’t comment back or give us an respect by being more transparent. I am therefore still keeping my case active with Resolver, Martin Lewis and BBC’s Watchdog who are now aware of this forum and issue.
@milleniumaire I went for the M9s too
This business of final snags was also the position last year for the mythical end of year release.
I quoted the Sale of Goods Act 2015. The “after 6 months” section on this page is useful.
The BT team has been busy getting the Halo product out the door, and are likely now focusing on Wifi6E. Users need to return the products, not wait for fixes. It seems highly unlikely the next release will fix all problems, multiple releases will be needed and that’s just not going to happen.
I hope this post is of some use to other afflicted users.
@PaddyB I’ll ask again. What guarantee are you giving us that this will be resolved in the next 3 weeks?
I would love to be in a position to guarantee that the new firmware will be deployed this month, but this is not something I can do. The very reason the FW was delayed last month is the reason it's difficult to give any guarantee, especially during a testing phase. If problems arise they need to be addressed before rolling an update out to everyone and this can cause delays.
I have spoken directly with the team involved in this firmware and they are confident that the issues found during initial testing have been worked out paving the way to make this available at some point this month. As soon as I get an update from our devices team I will let you know.
I appreciate that this is not the answer you were hoping for and also completely understand your concerns. I am sorry it has taken so long but we are nearing the end so please bear with us.
Just to let you all know that there is some hope that we may be getting heard at top level. Today I have been contacted by the BT complaints executive level due to my resolver complaint.
I would therefore suggest that you all log issues against this product via resolver as we need it to gather more momentum in order to guarantee that this doesn’t continue to get swept under the carpet.