cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveduk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Price Guide Question - Before moving to Bt Mobile...

Go to solution

Hello, I've had a quick look and didnt see this as a thread so thought I would ask.....

In the price guide in the section around messages:

SMS Messages (per message) 12p
MMS Messages (per message)     (Includes SMS + Emoticon) 40p
BT Mobile Voicemails  (per message) FREE

I was considering the 15 gig sim only which includes unlimited sms....all good, but the bracketed section includes SMS and emoticion is concerning me....

Does this mean that text message for example:

Are you having fun? Smiley Very Happy

Would be an MMS rather than SMS as that would be a deal killer.... no one else seems to do that but the price guide says so....

If anyone else who is a customer and confirm, sending a normal text with happy face is allowed and covered that would be great... MOD - if you could clarifiy too!?!?!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: Price Guide Question - Before moving to Bt Mobile...

Go to solution

Hi @steveduk and welcome.

MMS messages are charged at 40p so if you include an emoticon in your SMS message it will be charged. 40p charge might help explain.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
steveduk
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, so clarify, I am in a text message and type in 😜 and then adroid changes that to a smilie and then it will be a MMS and 40p?

If so thats nuts and I wont be joining you!

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

The problem seems to be that some older phones, particularly early Samsungs, convert emojis (but not text emoticons) to MMS. If this happens, there will be an MMS charge and that does not apply to BT alone. There's some info here and here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings