Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markymark1988
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Price Increase Cancellation Help?

Hi there,

To cut a long story short I am un-happy overall with the service I get from my BT infinity service and am not paying any more for this "super fast broadband" and am aware that I am within my rights to cancel my contract without penalty due to the 2013 price increase (you god send!! Been trying to get out of this contract for a while!! Poor service overall un-happy customer).

So my question is this, as I have not received any e-mail or letter from bt to my knowledge (if they sent it to my email and it goes into junk it gets automatically deleted) and am worried they will not actually send it directly to me; I have read stories of this happening and customers not being able to get out of their contract due to BT insisting they did despite not having no proof.

So can I phone up and cancel my contract now over the phone as I have just read the price increase on BT's website which in effect is notification of the price increase?

Please can so one please explain this to me?

Thank you

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
CB75
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Price Increase Cancellation Help?

Hi, If you receive a paper bill, the notification is in the BT Update magazine.  In regards to email notification I haven't received any emails informing of the price rise and there is apparently meant to be a specific email regarding it.

Sorry to not be more specific regarding your query.

0 Ratings
markymark1988
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

No I receive an e-mail notification when my bill is ready around the 16th of every month before my direct debit is taken out around the 30th of every month.

I am just very worried that the separate email informing me of the price increase may go into my junk folder, then I would be none the wiser if you understand.

So I just want clarification on how I cancel and if indeed you can before receiving your personal notification, as there is an official update on their website which I interpret that as notification hence meaning I have 10 days to cancel. But I ain't sure it works like that.

Thanks

0 Ratings
CB75
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Unfortunately I think there are many people waiting to receive notification at present and are also unsure of when it will be done.

Maybe it would be worth giving the billing team a call and see if they can help?  Or is there any way you can change your email settings to stop your spam being automatically deleted for the present?

In regards to how BT work, does anyone know that answer????

0 Ratings
markymark1988
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I did call them and they said they are sending emails from the 1st Sept they told me in order to cancel it has to be within 10days of receiving email and I would need a unique code reference from the email to give them (I get a feeling he is having me on a bit anyone know if that's true?).

I will see if I can change my junk mail options, it would be a great start; thanks for the reminder!

I wonder how many customers BT are going to loose as a result of this increase as I am sure there are many people who are in a similar situation as me.

I am impatient as I want to cancel now and am a not unsure if I have to wait for a direct notification with some code etc or not.

But thank you for your assistance thus far!

0 Ratings
CB75
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

No problem, if its any help I have both paper and email billing. I receive a billing email on the 7th and the paper bill about 6 days later. I have received no emails notifying the prices increases thus far but have received the paper one yesterday with the notification in, so the fact that your billing date is after mine and I haven't received an email will possibly mean that you haven't received it yet anyway (if you follow my logic!!!)

0 Ratings
ernie_c
Expert
Message 7 of 7

@markymark1988 wrote:

I did call them and they said they are sending emails from the 1st Sept they told me in order to cancel it has to be within 10days of receiving email and I would need a unique code reference from the email to give them (I get a feeling he is having me on a bit anyone know if that's true?).

I have received the email and the bit about a unique code is absolute nonsense. There is no such thing. The actual content of the email can be seen here (without your own account number):

http://epidm.edgesuite.net/BTEM/0812/2054860_BTC_Project_Beech_Q2_12_Email/BT_Voice_Non_Consenters_V...

The link at the bottom of the email leads here for the detail:

http://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/callchanges.html?s_cid=con_email_Ogilvy_120903_1163_Voice-Notifi...

0 Ratings