Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 1 of 14

Price Increase but still get Termination Charges email

Go to solution

Following the email regarding price increases, it advised "....termination charges won't apply due to the icrease". I have just received an email though saying I will need to pay <quite high> termination charges? This cannot be correct due to recieving the price increase email? Could someone help me on this please?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Price Increase but still get Termination Charges email

Go to solution

Did you contact BT and tell them that your reason for leaving was because of the price increase. If you did not specifically tell them that was the reason then a charge will apply.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Yes, I rang them twice and explained. BT said all I needed to do was to put through the order from my new supplier and that they will process the changeover. It was explained I should do this and not give notice direct to BT.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

In that case you should call BT back and ask them to explain the email/charges. 

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

BT say "dont worry", I will now get lots of these (and texts) as its an automatic email system which does not consider the policy due to price increases at the moment. If its automatic like this, so will the charging system!? I'm quite concerned by this "harrasment" from BT. I really feel BT should issue a clear position during this period.

All quite worrying (and a clever way to stop people moving).

Perhaps a mod can just confirm my specifics please?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@dgilbert2 when you call to let us know you're leaving due to the price changes the adviser has to follow a process to ensure that you are not charged for leaving within your contract minimum term. I think we'll need to take a look at your account information to make sure this has been done properly.

Please can you send in your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile and we'll be happy to help? You'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks, have just sent you the requested details.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
The automatic emails was the excuse last time this came up at the start of year. Surely BT should have a system capable of sending the correct email. It would appear to be a deliberate tactic to scare people in to staying. I would contact OFCOM and complain, stating it happened last January, there are posts on this forum saying as much, there is no excuse.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution