Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Price Increase but still get Termination Charges email

Go to solution

Those threads are depressing me! Hope NeilO can check things have been done properly for me.

It shouldn't be this painful Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

I would like to thank @NeilO and @RobbieMac for ensuring this issue was monitored for me, without it becoming a drama. Neil for the initial reply and then Robbie for following it through Smiley Happy

Although I have now left BT after over 8 years, no bridges have been burnt and I'm sure I'll be back in the future when the package deals are right.

No cancellation charges were incurred as a result of leaving due to the price increase.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution
Glad to hear it, just a shame they don't follow the rules and choose to 'frustrate' customers departure.

What should happen is BT should not issue any termination fee emails or charge fees while customers are in their 30 day price rise notice period.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
A1.26

Neither GC9.6(termination right due to material detriment) itself nor this guidance requires that a subscriber(you) must exercise their rights under that condition by contacting their existing provider. One way the CP(comms provider)
making contract modifications could meet its obligations in a relevant case is by
telling the subscriber that the GC9.6 termination rights may be exercised by
contacting a new provider.
0 Ratings