cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 69

Re: Price Rise and Cancellation query

Just had my latest bill and still no message or link about the price increase.

Guess I will have to try and call again and see if they will provide me with MAC

code and penalty free contract termination. Last time they just point blank said no

until official e-mail turns up, problem is it may never arrive or I may miss the 30 day

response window.

@Diseased_Bunny Well done on getting your code  -  Any hints on how you got them to say yes to your request ?

Might I be better to use live chat so I have a record of what is said ? (I am worried they say yes and then try

it on to claim termination fees later)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 69

To be honest Keith, I just rang the options team, 0800 345 7310 - the lass i spoke to originally said that as i had joined in May just gone (due to a house move i had to re-sign up) it would cost me £315 ish to leave, and i simply said that accordin gto the ofcom regs, I can leave without penalty, she put me on hold for a minute to speak to her "manager", and then said yes i could go, since i was not aware of the price rise when i signed up (Surely no-one was?, but anyway....)

To this end, I have been given 30 days to move to my new provider, in my case, virgin, who are installing a week Friday.

Live chat are rubbish, IMO.  I tried them first and they just transferred me to the MAC team, via the phone as the live chat guy said it wasnt something they could deal with over LC!? Good luck with your attempt to get away.

PS - re your bill, I had a link on the additional information section in tiny text saying "important pricing update".

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 33 of 69

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 34 of 69

When I click on the 'Important Pricing Information' link at the bottom of my recent online bill, I am taken to a white screen with the following on it:
ENGLISH PHME 70356
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 69

@Diseased_Bunny , Thanks for the info , just looked again at my last online bill and you

are spot on that there is a link in the additional information section (boy did they make it small!)

that reads "important pricing update"

When I click it however it goes to a page with a title, BT logo and a line acroos the page half way down,

no information at all, BT can't even get that right.

Does your link generate anything on the page it goes to ?

I do know that my prices are going to increase along with everyone elses as I have used the page at

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html?s_cid=con_FURL_myprices

with my account number and telephobe number.

However I think it may be enough for me to ring the MAC number and see what response I get from them

this time, fingers crossed.

@davidmridge61 - just noticed your post and yes the page I get is exactly the same as yours , BT is

less than useless when it comes to communicating with its customers

(strange I thought they were a communications company)

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 69

yeah, mine was blank too, but I guessed thats what it would be about, so only rang once i had my bill, worked for me, so maybe worth trying

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 69

Just off the phone to the MAC team and after a conversation and a check

with a manager they have agreed that the price rise does allow me to terminate

my contract without penalty.

Just awaiting the MAC code via e-mail now and hoping one of the cash back sites

increases the offers for Plusnet by next week.

Also keeping fingers crossed that the notes re no termination charges added to

my account stick and I don't have any come back from BT later on.

Once I move only other thing that needs to be done is to stop BT sports which will

remove all revenue to BTW from my household and save me lots over the next 12 months+.

I am now happy, happy, happy ....... Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 38 of 69

@Keith_Taylor10 wrote:

Once I move only other thing that needs to be done is to stop BT sports which will

remove all revenue to BTW from my household and save me lots over the next 12 months+.

I think BT Sport requires 30 days notice to cancel it. I think the BT Sport HD add-on can be cancelled without notice, though there has been conflicting information about this.

Also note that if you cancel your broadband contract then you will no longer be eligible for the free BT Sport offer and BT will start charging full price for BT Sport after the broadband cancellation (assuming you are watching on a Sky box).

So what I'm saying is that you might want to give the 30 days notice for cancelling BT Sport now, otherwise you might end up paying full price for an additional 30 days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 69

Thanks for the heads up on that , as I don't watch BT sports generally anyway there

is no issue in cancelling it sooner rather than later.

I will call as soon as I receive the MAC code (at which point I know things are really moving forward) and sort that out.

Thanks again for the warning on that one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 40 of 69

Hi

Had no link in bill notice email about price rises. There is a link on my online bill which goes to a blank page with ENGLISH PHME 70356 as other people have reported.

I signed up to Infinity 2 in July 2013, which means contract end in January 2015. In my account panel it says to 'upgrade' infinity2 the cost is £28 per month and from the 1st December the cost is £29.80.

Is this going to be the cost og infinity 2 after my contract ends in Jan 2015?

As other prople have suggested with the price increase, I gather we are now free to terminate our contracts penalty free.

My Rental Line Saver ends on 21st Sept and now considering moving all to Virgin.

0 Ratings