cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 69

Re: Price Rise and Cancellation query

You are aware Plusnet is a BT Group company ? you will be using the same line and exchange equipment just a different name on the bill
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 42 of 69

Yes I was aware that Plusnet is an under the cover BT company and that they

will pay some of the costs to BT Wholesale (as I am in a market 1 exchange) and

Openreach will get a share as well.

But in the end the customer (me) will save quite a bit of wonga (as a new customer) for a similar or

in some eyes (given UK support and there good relationship with Openreach) better service.

Who knows if they up the prices in 12 months I may jump back to BT as a new customer and

get all the benefits that brings.

I don't mind moving supplier every 12-18 months to save money if they don't want to offer

similar deals for existing customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 69

@Keith_Taylor10 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on that , as I don't watch BT sports generally anyway there

is no issue in cancelling it sooner rather than later.

I will call as soon as I receive the MAC code (at which point I know things are really moving forward) and sort that out.

You can still continue to watch BT Sport during the 30 days notice period, after all you are paying for it.

I agree that it's wise to make sure you really want to cancel before giving notice, though saying that you might still be able to 'cancel the cancellation' during the notice period. My head hurts!! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 44 of 69

@ivso wrote:

Had no link in bill notice email about price rises. There is a link on my online bill which goes to a blank page with ENGLISH PHME 70356 as other people have reported.

I signed up to Infinity 2 in July 2013, which means contract end in January 2015. In my account panel it says to 'upgrade' infinity2 the cost is £28 per month and from the 1st December the cost is £29.80.

Is this going to be the cost og infinity 2 after my contract ends in Jan 2015?

I get the same useless ENGLISH PHME 70356 page if I click on the link from the on-line bill.

Your contract doesn't end in Jan, your minimum period will be completed and certain discounts may also come to an end meaning you may well be paying the full price from then on (check your original order confirmation and bills).

Use this link to see how the full price of your package and any active discounts will change from Dec 1st.

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html?s_cid=con_FURL_myprices

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 69

plusnet has no preferential service from Openreach as OFCOM would be taking action against Openreach for a breach of the laid down rules
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 46 of 69

Thanks for the link, but its not working correctly as I havent been receiving a discount for over a year.

Unlimited BT Infinity 2 + Calls    £ 26.00    £ 27.65
Discount                              - £ 6.00    - £ 6.40
Monthly Total                        £ 20.00    £ 21.25

Also just noticed been paying for Caller Dispaly since January, but as Yearly Rental Saver who signed up to Privacy at Home, I thought that is free for a year?

"Customers opted intoBT Privacy with Caller Display can continue to get the service for free if they agree to sign up to line rental with the company for another year."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 47 of 69

Just called the MAC team - explained I would like to leave and can I have a MAC code because of price increases.

Was told there is no price increases to my account. I pointed out the non-functioning link on my latest bill & the info from this link - https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html?s_cid=con_FURL_myprices

which I posted earlier.

The advisor then changed tact and I was then told I have to wait for a letter about the price increase. I feel like being held hostage.

Can a mod advise please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 69

try the options team - seems they have actual power to cancel

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 49 of 69

What telephone number is that please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 69

0800 345 7310

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings