Message 51 of 69

Re: Price Rise and Cancellation query

this is the customer options number customer options 0800 800 030
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 69

Got my letter, and also my MAC  today! I'm free!!!(Though its costing me £30 cos Im moving to virgin Smiley Mad but i know thats openreach being **bleep** not bt) - When you get the letter though, it says that you will be charged still for BTSport, when I rang, all set for a kick-off  aboutpaying when i will get it free anyway with virgin, the customer services lass from the "Special team to help customers leave BT", said as everything is being stopped then BTS automatically stops too. This was told to be just now, so we will see when the final bill arrives, as my next bill was due 11/10/14 anyway, though I will be emailing them to get a written confirmation.

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 53 of 69

I have received my online bill today, on clicking 'Important pricing update'  it is all in Welsh, so I am no further forward as to if I

could cancel my contract or not.

Come on BT not everyone living in Wales speak  the Welsh language. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 54 of 69

@Patty-L wrote:

I have received my online bill today, on clicking 'Important pricing update'  it is all in Welsh, so I am no further forward as to if I  could cancel my contract or not. 

Come on BT not everyone living in Wales speak  the Welsh language. Smiley Frustrated

Sounds like BT really tested this thoroughly, not! Smiley LOL

Anyway you should think yourself lucky, the English version just says "ENGLISH PHME 70356", which seems more like Double Dutch!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 55 of 69

The Scottish version says:

ENGLISH PHME 70353 File: GB02741881-M013-FT-v1c014519.pdf

Perhaps it would have said something different had we voted Yes.
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 56 of 69

@Diseased_Bunny wrote:

... lass from the "Special team to help customers leave BT", said as everything is being stopped then BTS automatically stops too.

Fine for those receiving BT Sport on BT TV, but what about those receiving it on Sky who might not want it to stop. They might be happy paying £12/£15 for it in future. If it's stopped automatically then they may well have to pay the additional £15 activation fee to get it started again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 69

Me to!!! Tried the 'Contact' number and the lady said she would send me an email link to the Price change info.

The link just says 'Contact Help' which gets you back where you started!

The only link I have found to the price change is the one at the start of this forum! Nothing at all on the BT site. Disgraceful actions.

Anyway we are being ripped off again with an average rise of 6.3%!!!!

I have only recently changed back to BT from Virgin (ex NTL) as I needed to get on to our new village FTTC fibre box and Virgin were not offering any connection!

So stuck with my 18 month contract, hence ripoff comment!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 69

@Patty-L wrote:

I have received my online bill today, on clicking 'Important pricing update'  it is all in Welsh, so I am no further forward as to if I

could cancel my contract or not.

I agree , but I don't live in Wales and still got the Welsh update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 59 of 69

Has anyone who has received the price change e-mail and has also seen a copy of the BT Update booklet noticed that the list of the call plan price changes is different?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 69

Well I have just received my email which is a first.

Also only just realised that an extra £1 pcm is added to line rental - doesn't affect me as I have paid LRS.

That prompt care thing on the enhanced line rental package seems to be somewhat optimistic -

Priority fault fixes – tell us about a problem on your phone line and we'll prioritise fixing it for you. We'll aim to fix it by the end of the next working day

They have problems trying to keep to the 3 day period so their target seems to be pie in the sky. Also if it is prioritised what gets pushed down the pecking order.

0 Ratings