cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikkel_iv
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Primary BT ID not recognised

I have two online accounts for our BT account. When I log into my wife's account I am getting the message that the Primary BT ID belongs to another account. But that other account is my wife's account. So the Primary BT ID is not recognised on the account it is assigned to. And therefore I cannot use the services like BT Sport that I pay for.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: Primary BT ID not recognised

@mikkel_iv Thanks for posting, have you tried your other BT ID online logins to see if they have been registered as the primary BT ID?

Only one of your ID's can be the primary and is used to access all the Extra's.  If you're still unable to access your BT ID try the helpdesk on this link and they'll be able to help.  Post back and let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
mikkel_iv
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Yes I have tried my other account and that gives same message ie. primary ID belonging to the other account.

I was getting in touch with the BT helpline today and got the message "average waiting time 30 mins". I am not prepared to sit and wait for 30 mins for somebody to pick up the phone to sort out an issue that is stopping me from using a service I am paying for. The only reason it takes 30 mins is because BT cares more about making a profit than providing any level of decent service to those who create their profits. This is why I was hoping this forum could help so that I wouldn't have to deal with BT helpdesk.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

It is not something that forum members can help you with. You will need to contact BT as per the link posted.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
mikkel_iv
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks John. I actually thought BT was running the forum. My bad 😉 

0 Ratings