cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Primary email deleted from 93 year old BT subscriber

HELP, I have spent the last 5 hours going around in circles. My elderly father in law (93) has had his primary email account deleted by BT because he didn't use it for a while. He actually uses skype more than emails and has had so many scam emails, he tended to steer clear. I have tried creating a new BTid but have been going round in circles with call centre in India and they couldn't comprehend that he needed a NEW PRIMARY email account from BT themselves. The 2nd call centre guy said he would put me on hold and find out - 20 mins later put the damn phone down on me. I need BT to create a new BT PRIMARY EMAIL and set it up from their end to enable him to manage his BTid and also receive activation codes for software upgrades. HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Primary email deleted from 93 year old BT subscriber

Does he have BB with BT? You only get free email from BT with your BB.

Otherwise once you give up BB you can only continue with paid-for What is BT Premium Mail and how can I get it?

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @frustratedvolvic,

I'll be able to take a look at your Father In Law's account to see if its possible to get the email address back. Please can you send me in the BT account details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings