Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Printing emails

Go to solution

Does anyone experience problems printing some emails on BT Yahoo.  Pressing the print button doesn't get any response.  Multiple button presses did get a message about blocked pop ups which isn't the case.  Funny how some advertising mail is printing OK, the important invoice to copy does not.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Printing emails

Go to solution

The answer is easy, use an e-mail client instead, like Thunderbird, and you can do what you want with the e-mails.

Using Thunderbird e-mail client - print and save e-mails

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Keith, I've been a happy Eudora user for years and its still on my computer but niggly things started to happen to the program which I couldn't solve so I started to use BT Yahoo.  Do you use Thunderbird or are you just recommending it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I use it all the time, and quite a number of regular forum members do as well.

It enables you to backup, print, and sort e-mails over multiple accounts if you wish.

I also use Thunderbird`s RSS reader to "read" all of the forum postings and sort them out into subjects/folders.

Its worth a try, just remember to use the IMAP settings as shown, then it will simply synch with Yahoo, and not change what is on the server.

Do not set it up for POP3, otherwise it will download all of your inbox, and then delete the e-mails off the server, unless you get the settings exactly right.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@hopeful wrote:

Thanks for that, I will give it a try.

If you have a lot of mail in lots of folders, it may take a while to synchronise the folders. Its a bit misleading, as its says its downloading, but its not removing anything from the server.

Your "bulk" folder (spam) shows up as "bulk mail" within Thunderbird.

There is plenty of help within the program, and online.

0 Ratings