cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suebarber
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Priority Customer Phone Line Not Working - Escalation takes up to 48hrs to respond!

I am apauled having logged a fault call for my elderly, blind and diabled mother yestyerday at 12:45 when i was told it was logged as a opriority call, only to be told today when I chased progress that she had to be assessed to see if she were a priority - this would take 6 hours when i would be contacted by the care team.  If she is deemed to be a priority then the fault would be fixed in 30 hours from then.  She is totally reliant on her phone not only for contact with family and doctor but also has a life line attached which is now also not working.  I asked to escalate this as the response time is unacceptable only to be told that it would take up to 48 hours to respond to my complaint! - This is apauling service for someone who's life potentially depends on her phone.  I work in the serrvice industry and my company is one of BT's biggest Customers  - If I raise a business complaint I get a response back faster than a complaint where someone's life could depend on their phone connection - someone's priorities are wrong here! - Can you help please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Priority Customer Phone Line Not Working - Escalation takes up to 48hrs to respond!

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

This page may be helpful with future issues.

http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services.html

Business customers do get priority over residential.

Hopefully one of the care team will be able to help.

0 Ratings
ChristopherP
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 5

Re: Priority Customer Phone Line Not Working - Escalation takes up to 48hrs to respond!

Hi suebarber,

If you fill out the contact us link located in the about me section of my profile we can take a look at this for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I agree - The current system of a handling in bound faults is slow confusing and not giving any customer service...I have spend hours calling the 150 / 151 numbers and finally got to a priority desk - now I cant call them back. I am dealing with my Mothers phone which has been out of service since 29th April.

The whole BT 150/151 system is not fit for use by subscribers where I am given incorrect information often out of date with what is happening on the ground...many times I was informed "the engineers are fixing the fault" when in fact work had not started.....it is time for BT to start to be a service provider and stop being a "big uncaring company"

A very unhappy subscriber.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Fedupwithwithservice

the network is supplied and maintained by Openreach not BT and BT like all other provider rely on Openreach to update them and without knowing what Openreach are doing regarding your fault you realy cannot say they are not looking into your fault 

0 Ratings