Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 27

Priority Repair Problems

Go to solution

Hi.

Can anyone help me with getting the Communication Choices Leaflet so that I can apply for Priority Care for my Mother.

I've tried ringing 0800 800 150 and asking the robot for the leaflet but got through to sales who then passed me to connections who went away to find out but then cut me off. I'd of thought that the automated system should be set up to recognise a request for 'Communication Choices'.

Also, is there any way of getting a faster repair for a current fault (in advance of making the application). My Mother is 90 and lives on her own, she is housebound with poor mobility and has a Personal Alarm/Panic Button with AgeUK that is currently not operational. 

There was, I understand , a general fault in her area yesterday that is shown as now being cleared. The fault check shows the problem to be in the exchange. The estimated repair date is shown as 1700 Monday 12 Sept (today is Saturday 10 Sept).

I've spent in excess of 2 hours in phone queues since last night trying to get somewhere with this with no sucess whatsoever!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards - Andy

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 27

Re: Priority Repair Problems

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

For the repair update, try the faults support team 

Normally Openreach will aim to fix faults within three working days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

Thank you Keith 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

Hi @AndyGee and welcome.

I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your mums details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution
Thank you 🙂 Email sent.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

Hi again.

The phone line now seems to be fixed. Thank you to all who helped. 🙂

I have also emailed asking for copy of document PHME 69630 to register fo Priority Care if we have any problems in the future. Hopefully we'll get that sorted soon.

Thanks again - Andy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution
All BT customers now get Priority Care as standard.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

@John25Roberts wrote:
All BT customers now get Priority Care as standard.

Where did you see that? I think you are thinking of Line Rental Plus, where you get priority.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution
No, I'm not thinking of Line Rental Plus whatever that is. In May/June time BT upgraded all their Consumer Customers to Priority Care. Means paying Openreach more per customer but it's so they get a Faster Response time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

@John25Roberts wrote:
No, I'm not thinking of Line Rental Plus whatever that is. In May/June time BT upgraded all their Consumer Customers to Priority Care. Means paying Openreach more per customer but it's so they get a Faster Response time.

Are you sure?

I thought this was the priority care information

https://www.btplc.com/inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/BTServices/FreePriorityFaultRep...

Are you you saying that all BT customers will get help on Xmas Day? 

I seem to recall that BT bought in faster response times recently but I didn't think it was  to this level

0 Ratings