Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Priority repair of phone line for a disabled person

Go to solution

I have been trying to get priority care service for my wife, who is severaly disabled (no independent mobiltiy at all). The BT website has a link to the guidellnes

https://www.btplc.com/inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/BTServices/FreePriorityFaultRep...

which suggest you can ask for the relevant form. I tried, using the link provided, and all I get is a stroppy call back from the general call centre to tell me that I can't have the form but instead my wife has to be registered with the local council CSDP register. That is OK for people who get council help with their phone bills etc, but we don't. My wife gets full mobility allowance DLA and I am her carer - I get NI paid by HMRC becuase I can't work, becuase I look after her.

according to that guideline:

You can apply if you:

• rent your line from BT and you, or someone who lives with you, are:

• registered as Chronically Sick & Disabled by your local authority social services under the Chronically Sick & Disabled Persons Act (CSDPA) 1970

• incapacitated and therefore housebound, due to a chronic long-term illness or disability which prevents you leaving the house without the assistance of another person. For example, on the National Organ Transplant waiting list.

The third bullet point applies to us, but not the second. The call centre script seeems to limit access only to people who meet the first bullet point criterion.

All we want is a way to get a priority when the phone goes down (as it often does here in a rural area). It's a total lifeline for us. We do all our shopping online and need the phone to call for help. There is no mobile coverage. Openreach recently mistakenely disconnected opur phone for a couple of weeks and it was a real struggle.

Who can I talk to ? I am really frustrated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Priority repair of phone line for a disabled person

Go to solution

Hi @Phil_Wales Sorry you have not received any help when you spoke with us. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Fantastic.

Thaniks so much JohnC2.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Phil_Wales,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm glad I was able to get this sorted and clear things up for you. Please post back if you have any further problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Phil_Wales
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks very much DavidM for fixing this. It is a huge relief for us!

best

phil

0 Ratings
MrTiredout
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Sorry if I'm being slow here but what actually was the result here? My father is 99 with advanced dementia, is not registered with social services or council (aside from dis. parking). What sort of priority is he entitled to? (I have repeatedly requested that he is not contacted by BT directly, without his carer present - he wouldn't have a clue -  but they ignore this)

0 Ratings