cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gterry
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Private payphone: setting the rate - what is a 'unit'?

Hi there, I want to use a private payphone (Solitaire 2000) on a residential BT line, and need to set the 'unit rate' for national calls, and another rate for international calls (unless I barr these).

In the past BT published its tarrif in terms of a 'cost per unit', and I could set up a payphone with this in mind. However, BT's tarrif is now published as a 'cost per minute' for different areas (local, natuonal, and numerous bands of international numbers). I'm not sure how to equate the two. Is a 'unit' the same as a minute? If not, any ideas how I should set up my payphone?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Private payphone: setting the rate - what is a 'unit'?

Hi Gterry,

Thanks for posting. The cost of calls is set by BT but if you wish to set your own charges for the calls made via the payphone you'll need to contact Solitaire directly for information on how to do that as the payphone isn't a BT product.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gterry
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Private payphone: setting the rate - what is a 'unit'?

Hi there, DavidM,

Thanks for your response. I know how to make the adjustments to the payphone. What I don't quite understand is how to translate 'cost per unit' into the present-day BT tariffs.

I have had an email from Solitaire to say that BT do still base their tariff on a 'cost per unit' basis, and this is approx. 5 pence. Is this correct? I can't find this info anywhere on BT's website.

0 Ratings