cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmm1983
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Problem connecting to Infinity 2 on activation date and day after - some advice needed

Go to solution

Greetings All.

I am hoping for a little advice. Yesterday 03/05 was the activation day for a switchover from Sky broadband which I have had for over 5 years, to BT Infinity 2. I recieved a text saying the service was active. At the same time I got various warnings from systems at home (NAS, IPCams) that the current web connection had been lost. Home Hub 5 arrived in the post when BT said it would and yesterday I hooked the new hub up with excitement. Only to be greeted with a constant orange glow and a solid red "B" once the start up process went through the motions. My phone line still works. 

I called customer services and spent over an hour on the phone restarting the router, unplugging it and so forth, to no avail. The only solution I was offered was an engineer visit to my home as I was told I had a connection issue at my house. I could be wrong, but having had a perfectly good Sky connection 6 hours prior, I was doubtful anything physcial has changed at my property. Nonetheless, the gentleman in customer services was adament that an engineer visit was needed. I explained very clearly that it was not going to be convenient and could he investigate other potential issues, such as external connectivity problems between myself and the exchange. Apparently a home engineer visit was the only option which has been booked for next week, I have explained nobody will be at home but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears, I fear, at the incovenience of the engineer due to turn up.

I tried to reset the router this morning and received the same outcome.

I can only assume something hasnt been connected correctly somewhere along the line. Can anyone advise how I should proceed, as taking time off work is more hassle than its worth from both a time and financial perspective; I might as well return to Sky.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem connecting to Infinity 2 on activation date and day after - some advice needed

Go to solution

does your phone work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dmm1983
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: Problem connecting to Infinity 2 on activation date and day after - some advice needed

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. Yes my phone line works.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

have you tried the order online chat to see if they can help  https://bt.custhelp.com/app/chat/contact_chat/queue_id/463/c/5617,5621

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dmm1983
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Indeed I have, they echoed the need for an engineer to come inside my house.

0 Ratings
dmm1983
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Update from me. I was contacted by a member of BTs executive complaints team who understood my issue. He too agreed it was unlikely a fault was in my house and likely a box/exchange issues. An engineer was booked yesterday to troubleshoot and found the fibre connection was incorrectly setup. Very frustrating but that's life.

I was refunded the cost of no internet for the past week.

Case can be considered as closed.
0 Ratings