Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billwin99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Problem creating new BT ID.

Go to solution

Well now I'm totally bemused.  As mentioned earlier my primary btinternet email address, which I've had since the very earliest days of the dial up BT internet, was not 'attached' to my BT.com account although it did appear in the list of assresses I have listed under 'manage my email addresses'. The other new addresses I've just created all show as linked to my BT.com account.

I hit the 'attach this email to your account' and hey presto it then linked my original address to my account.

Now when I go into bt mail I just put in my original email address and bt internet password and it logs straight into mail without going through the 'merge your services' process. But when I want to go into my bt.com billing account I still have to put in my original user name (which is not my email address) and my bt.com password and it works fine.  BT tech service say my accounts are merged but I still have different user names and passwords. I thought the whole point of the process was to have a single user name / password for all services?

0 Ratings
RTL
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

Billwin99.   This is my Current situation.   If I want to check my bill, I have to log into My BT using my new BT ID. If I try and log in with my previous User/Password I get presented with the procedure to create a new BT ID, (the User/Password were accepted). I cannot get past that screen. There is no longer a Skip option at the bottom left as previously--the original 12 days I had to complete it have passed and the only way forward is through the process!. Obviously I can't continue as it would just take me through another process to create a BT ID which I have already done and am using. 

I don't understand how you cannot get to your billing using the new BT ID you have created---that should work as it did for me. Only thing I can think of is that BT have changed something since I did it which is how we are seeing your circumstances. Like I said previously, I couldn't see the point of them sending me a PIN when everything looked fine to me. It might be that due to the change they have made (if they have, I'm only surmising) that you'll have to wait for the letter with the PIN to arrive.  The letter said that this was to confirm I was the Account Owner. So when that comes and you enter it as instructed, your MY BT access will be like mine since they now know you are the Account Holder and there is no fraud going on--if you see what I mean. You'll probably have to wait about 48 hours after entering it as it'll depend how they update their databases.

0 Ratings
gescas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

I am having exactly the same problem somehow managed to get on with old ID(NOT EMAIL ADDRESS) changed profile ? and answer, tried again, profile ? answer not right and I have just changed it grrrrr.  Can't face ringing India looks like a phone call to Warren Buckley's Office again.  Any advice welcomed please.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution
that could be interesting as Warren Buckley has nothing to do with BT Retail your isp any more
0 Ratings
gescas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution
Can't get into my online BT account, changed email address follow the link I just can't find where the email had gone, gone into my existing email address tried to set up this new email address it then sends me to my account which I can't get into Help please.
0 Ratings
gescas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution
I was told by a very pleasent gentleman ring this number in future which I have done twice they always get back and rectift the problem.
0 Ratings
RTL
Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

gescas, I have trouble understanding what your problem is!  Please read the previous comments I made. You'll see for instance that I had trouble when I tried to answer a security question with what was the correct answer. Since you haven't made a new BT ID, try logging in with your old one and select the Skip option at the lower left---if it's there. This will take you into your existing account. Then you have to create a new email address as per the previous comments and using that sign up as if you were a new customer. 

0 Ratings
gescas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution
Just seen your reply, I can't get into my old id account now changed the email address as I thought this would work but BT do not recognise it I can only get into email now so no way can I get into my account probably my fault changing the log in details where I do go from here I just don't know. Tomorrow's another day
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution
RTL
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

I think you have 2 options here. 

1. Phone 0800100400 like I did and see if they can help. It was to India but the guy was helpful.

2. Is the email address you used when you changed your login details a valid BT one? If so, at the login page select the Sign Up option which is above the user/password boxes. Then follow the procedure to create a BT ID and your old account will be linked to it.  That was what I had to do but as you can read from the previous entries, mine's was an existing valid in-use email address. 

0 Ratings