cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Problem forwarding ports.

I have been having problems with XBL chat for as long as I can remember and I decided to have another try at fixing it.

I am trying to forward the ports but the problem is when I select xbox live from the list of applications I get an error saying that it is already assigned to another device (which I think I did in the past). I tried making a new application (using the same ports as the default one plus a few extra that are listed on the xbox support page) but it also gives the same error.

The problem is that it doesn't show up as assigned to anything so I have no idea how to unassign it 😞

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
geaves
Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Problem forwarding ports.

@russ555 wrote:

I have been having problems with XBL chat for as long as I can remember and I decided to have another try at fixing it.

I am trying to forward the ports but the problem is when I select xbox live from the list of applications I get an error saying that it is already assigned to another device (which I think I did in the past). I tried making a new application (using the same ports as the default one plus a few extra that are listed on the xbox support page) but it also gives the same error.

The problem is that it doesn't show up as assigned to anything so I have no idea how to unassign it 😞

Probably the only way to do this is to do a factory reset returning everything to default and totally clearing the hub down.

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I guess I go to system>reset to do that?

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 4 of 15

@russ555 wrote:

I guess I go to system>reset to do that?

I would use the pinhole on the side of the Hub (Reset or Reset to defaults depends if it's v2 or v3)....depress for about 30 secs....whilst powered on....you'll then have to enter the default password, change it to get to the Hub manager just as if it was new....

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Thanks the method I said didn't seem to work anyway

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

There only seems to be a big reset button I tried pressing that for a while but it didn't work. I assume I have got the lastest version since I have only had it since april.

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Never mind I found it .

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Sigh I reset it to default and it still says

Conflict

The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device.

Could it be because there is a default setting for XBL?

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 9 of 15

@russ555 wrote:

Sigh I reset it to default and it still says

Conflict

The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device.

Could it be because there is a default setting for XBL?

Ok gonna have to ask the suck eggs question sorry....the Hub was powered and the lights also cycled...i.e. flashed during the reset, because this should totally clear any settings from the Hub.

XBL is that xbox live chat? I know my son uses something whilst he's game playing is that the same? His XBox is connected via Ethernet as we found wireless to be unreliable.

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Yep the lights flashed, disappeared and came back on 1 at a time. It cleared my password and custom apps.

Yep XBL = Xbox live. I noticed that the default one was missing some ports that are listed at

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/troubleshoot/connection-issues/network-ports-used-xbox-live

So I added the missing ones in a custom app and so far it is at least better if not perfect, I haven't had a chance to test it properly yet.

I use ethernet for everything as I don't like wireless. I would use ethernet for my phone if it was possibleSmiley Tongue

0 Ratings