cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geaves
Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Problem forwarding ports.

Hm! that is odd...because I've set up no port forwarding at all for the Xbox, nor application sharing.....have you done the 'test Xbox Live connection'...yep son's is Ethernet..... 

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

XBL itself always works fine the problem is/was that when people speak I wouldn't always hear them and there was no indication on screen that they were even speaking and they would often cut out mid sentence.

It may be my wireless headset as they are known to be unreliable but since the xbox doesn't think they are speaking I assumed it was a port issue. It may be there ports as they both have the same ISP/router but we all recently changed ISP's but I have had this issue for quite a long time.

I decided to sort my ports first since it should have been the simplest lol.

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

Have you tried looking through this site-  http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/56-bt-homehub-strict-nat-tbc Uk based too.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 14 of 15

@russ555 wrote:

XBL itself always works fine the problem is/was that when people speak I wouldn't always hear them and there was no indication on screen that they were even speaking and they would often cut out mid sentence.

It may be my wireless headset as they are known to be unreliable but since the xbox doesn't think they are speaking I assumed it was a port issue. It may be there ports as they both have the same ISP/router but we all recently changed ISP's but I have had this issue for quite a long time.

I decided to sort my ports first since it should have been the simplest lol.

Just spoken to No1 son......he seems to think that if in a private chat nothing is displayed on screen....also his words not mine...you haven't accidently muted the headset.....and is it communicating with the Xbox....

I do know when he's got his we have to tell to 'keep it down'.....you'd think he was shouting at his mates at the other end of the street once they're fully into gameplay. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
russ555
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

I had a look through that site and didn't find anything helpful.

When you are in party chat if you go into the party menu you can see a list of people and a little icon that shows if a headset is plugged in, if they speak 3 lines come out of the icon. When the problem occurs for me the lines don't appear or they disappear which is why I think it is connection related and not my headset. Hopefully I will get to test it later or tommorow.

I kind of hope it's the headset then its really easy to fix, and I have been looking for an excuse to the the modern warfare 3 headset 🙂

Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings