Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 1 of 6

Problem on openreach network with unapproved vdsl modem/router

this an aticicle on ISPreview today  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/11/calling-clarity-openreachs-broadband-modem-conformance...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problem on openreach network with unapproved vdsl modem/router

Further here

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,20578.0/topicseen.html 

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find ASUS as the culprit, I have said on many occasions their devices allow the user to tinker with settings they shouldn't be able to tinker with.

0 Ratings
adinis
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

@imjolly wrote:

this an aticicle on ISPreview today  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/11/calling-clarity-openreachs-broadband-modem-conformance...

i looked over the article and tried to look into the offerings listed but aside from both Netgears, which wont support ipv 6 as it was mentioned earlier, either they are way too expensive or they cant be found even doing a google search and the few ive seem to find dont apeal to me.

So now im wondering if im going to get stuck just using be Hub 6 and deal with its up and down speeds Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

many people on the forum use tplink products without any problem.  if you read some of the posts you will see which modem/routers are used without problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
adinis
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

@imjolly wrote:

many people on the forum use tplink products without any problem.  if you read some of the posts you will see which modem/routers are used without problems

Just read a post from 3 days ago stating that TP Link routers are not certified b Openreach either

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

They're not, but I suspect there are thousands if not tens of thousands of the various models extant on the network. I think the genie is out of the bottle and there would be rioting if a blanket attempt to stop them (and other non-approved devices) working was attempted.

0 Ratings