cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whiskywheels
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Problem receiving calls when roaming.

I had this problem years ago but can't remember or find the solution. It's happened again last week with my recent HTC Wildfire phone; whilst in France anybody calling me gets two rings then the phone goes to 'phone switched off' or similar message, and sometimes goes straight to voicemail. If I answer quickly it works fine, and I can make calls with no problem. Any ideas what the problem/solution might be?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
whiskywheels
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem receiving calls when roaming.

Well, here we are over a year later, and I'm still having this problem when abroad! I've phoned BT a number of times, the last one being November '12; they checked a few things, and said that the diagnostics they needed to run were 'offline' at present so they'd ring me back. They never did.

Before I subject myself to more wasted and fruitless hours with BT, I just thought I'd post again in case anyone else has had this issue or has a suggestion, or solution.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi whiskywheels; no I havent had this issue, and I've tried to replicate it in the UK but cant, using a variety of ringtones on my phone, which is a Samsing Gs2, but cant Smiley Sad

You will know and have tried the facility to lengthen the number of rings before your phone goes to voicemail, I'm sure.  There is an app called "Tone picker" which alows you to select a ringtone outside of the phones o/s; you could try that as a longshot, especially if your are using a customised ringtone which you have downloaded or edited from a sound file.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
whiskywheels
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm wondering if my customised ring tone may be the problem?

Just to complicate matters, I went into the phone settings to check number of rings etc., and found that I couldn't access the menu as it no longer recognises my password which was required to enter any changes. On further attempts it didn't request my password, but gave a 'network or sim card error' notification.

I was planning on getting a simple sim free phone to use instead, but I guess I might have the same problem unless I can check the roaming calls settings.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Your mobile provider can issue you with a long string of numbers that will extend your ring to about 30 seconds. Probably under FAQ's on their website....

You type the code into your phones keypad.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings