cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Problem sorted...I think...small Q

Hi...after many problems...with BT lite / contract extension...calle d this am by BT...I dont have a contract with BT...only with the hub...if I leave....seems that the contract think messed up with all the tooing and frooing with emails . calls...he didnt seem concerned...whats happened?...his email says..... "As discussed, you’re not currently in contract term for any service on your account but if you do decide to leave there will be a charge for the equipment."

Is this normal...or have they meesed up and its just easier to leave things?....am I missing out on anything?    thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem sorted...I think...small Q

If you are leaving due to the price increase, and you were still within your minimum contract period, then you would have to pay for the home hub, and any other equipment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

But I'm not leaving....never did   all this carry on is due to BT changing the "Free BT sport"....I did not want the upgrade so asked for BT sports lite.....I get BT BBand and calls....and supposedly Sports lite....but "No signal" message.....Oh and the offer o 12 months free full BT sports got sidestepped when I mentioned it??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

See the section about the BT Homehub on page 38 of the tariff guide.

www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Basically if they send you a new HomeHub (other than replacing a faulty one) then after 12 months there are no longer any outstanding charges for it. If you cancel your BT broadband within that 12 months then you will be charged a proportionate amount for it depending on how early you cancelled.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

"As discussed, you’re not currently in contract term for any service on your account "...what does this mean?

I get BBand and telephone calls from BT.....does this not constitute a contract?...its all very strange.....I did have a contract ...now I dont? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Yes you have separate contracts in place for different services. When you start a new contract it has a minimum term such as 12 /18/24 months. When a BT rep says you are 'out of contract' they mean the you have completed the contract minimum term.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

If BT are saying you are not within any contract minimum terms then that's a good thing as you can leave BT with just the normal 30 days' notice without penalty. Alternatively it allows you to negotiate with BT about starting new better/cheaper contracts if you so wish (but they'll come with new minimum terms).

The HomeHub situation is as described in the tariff guide. If you've had it for more than 12 months then you just own it outright.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

BT called back today...checked things where ok...And setup 12 months free BT Sports....So...credit where it's due ( Thanks for David Moon!....I know he reads this stuff!!)...When I get the new channels...I'll post "Solution".   Smiley LOL

0 Ratings