cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junaid111pk
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Problem with Activation of Broadband and Phoneline (Openreach Modem serial Number issue)

Hi 

I have searched this forum out of frustration & my disappointment and hope that someone will help me out.

Before moving into my new apartment I have placed an order for BT Infinity-2 and Phone line to get started on 22nd of April,2016 but to my disappointment when I moved in ,I have found nothing was working. I have then contacted BT and they arranged an engineer visit on 04-May-2014, the engineer checked the system and found that the Serial number on Openreach modem did not matched with the serial number which is registered in their database, so the engineer manually synchronised it and both the Broadband and Telephone lines came up and running.

But just after 2 days i.e on 06-May-2016 everything thing went down again and the same PON Light on the Openreach Box started to Blink again, Out of frustration I called the BT again and advised them to check the Serial number , when BT checked the serial number in there database they once again found it different as compared to the actual on. 

BT advised me that they are going to open a case with Openreach and it may take some time, after 2 weeks of discussion they arranged another Engineer Visit for 23-May-2016 , Although I kept on insisting them that by profession I am also an engineer and this issue is related to the registration of the Open reach Modem which has wrong serial number on it ,but BT told me that I am not a Fiber engineer and there is something more to the serial number problem.

So I have to wait for another 20 days and when Field engineer visited out apartment he exactly found the same issue that the serial number on my Openreach box did not match with the database, and he again manually synchronised it and once again both the Broadband and Phone line came up and running.

Unfortunately again just after one and a half day everything went down i.e on 25-May-2016 , and the cycle restart again. Since then I am calling the BT every day and they have now arranged another Engineer visit for  03-June-2016 .. But I have insisted them to check the serial number again with openreach and now they have once again found that the serial number is different in there system.

To me it looks like when the field engineer changed the serial number of modem manually then both broadband and phone line started to work but when BT tried to reactivate the open order remotely ,it is when it get reseted again and pick up the old serial number from the database.

The most frustrating and annoying thing is that I am struggling to find the responsible team who can look into this repeated issues and take it up seriously with the Openreach and higher level of escalation (Mostly I am talking to order activation/customer care teams) , I kept on asking BT again and again that why this small serial number issue has not been sorted since it has been more than a month now and every time I have to call them and guide them what is wrong in the system.

Is there any High Level of escalation in BT ?

Can they not priorities the issues based upon the time scale?

Why the same issue is happening in cycle again and again? Is there any responsible team to look at these repeated issues ?

How BT can fix this long standing Openreach Modem Serial Number issue ?

I really hope if someone can help me out.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Problem with Activation of Broadband and Phoneline (Openreach Modem serial Number issue)

What type of Infinity connection do you have? Is it FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) or FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet)  If you are on a FTTC  connection you do not need to use an Openreach modem with the Homehub 5.

0 Ratings
Junaid111pk
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Re: Problem with Activation of Broadband and Phoneline (Openreach Modem serial Number issue)

Hi 

It looks like that it is FTTP as I have Openrach Modem fiited in my Apartment along with the BT HUB-5.

As I have explained the issue seems to be getting the Openreach Modem registered as the PON light is constantly blinking (mismatch is Serial Numbers).

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

You should contact the FTTP Orders dept and explain the problem to them 08005874787

0 Ratings
Junaid111pk
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

I just called the FTTP team and they told me that there team only place new orders and my order will be looked at by Order Managerment team (which I am already in touch with and so far no outcome) ...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

If you are already in contact with them all I can suggest is that you keep chasing them up to resolve the problem. 

0 Ratings
Junaid111pk
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Thats the issue , they are aware of the problem and now its more then one month that they could not sort it out .
0 Ratings
Junaid111pk
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Hi All

My problem is still not sorted out and it is still still Going in Circles in BT ... 

Can anyone please Help me out to get in touch with the Higher Management in BT ?

Is there any Higher Escalation path ? 

It is around one and a Half month now and still the same issue.

0 Ratings
Junaid111pk
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Hello 

My problem is still not sorted out and it is still still Going in Circles in BT ... 

Can anyone please Help me out to get in touch with the Higher Management in BT ?

Is there any Higher Escalation path ? 

It is around one and a Half month now and still the same issue.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

you need to get back in touch with FTTP order people 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings