Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 23

Problem with Bt Home Hub???

Go to solution

When I go into the Hub settings and then into application sharing to set my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live it always says "The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.
Please remove the other application or select the same device."  But I don't have any other Xbox or anything else set up under application sharing?

Please help

thanks Jean

Thanks
Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: Problem with Bt Home Hub???

Go to solution

Hi Jean,

Can I ask if this issue is actually stopping you connecting to Xbox Live? I don't know too much about game/application sharing but I'm sure I read something many months ago on another website that firmware updates in the Hub meant that there was no longer a need to assign your Xbox to the Hub.

I have a 360 and have never used the 'Application Sharing' tab.  I just connected my ethernet cable from the 360 to the Hub and away I went!  Sorry if I'm talking about something completely different!!!

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

No xbox live does still work it is just that on my other bt home hub 2.0 it let me set it under application sharing (witch made it use the right ports) but on my new hub it wont let me. 😛

Thanks
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

When you say it won't let you but yet you are able to connect to Xbox Live, I take it you're getting a Moderate or Strict NAT type when running the Xbox Live connection test? 

You won't get to ride the racehorse...until you've ridden the mule.... - RogerB 13/04/2010
0 Ratings
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

No the home hub just wont let me set it under the application sharing tab!

Thanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

I think it's safe to say that j-whitney's hub is a Type B!  Unfortunately there's a bug in the B's firmware that means once you've set up 'application sharing' to a device you won't be able to set up application sharing for those ports again - to any device, even if you remove the application sharing rule or carry out either factory reset from the management interface or the recessed reset button.

There is a workaround that is dependent on users being completely distrustful of BT devices and ridiculously obsessive (read: an4l (sic)); the trick is to make a backup of the configuration when you first connect the hub after you've received it and before you make any configuration changes to the application sharing settings (it'll force you to change the admin password which will persist in the config backup).  Restoring the hub to the backup configuration eliminates any lingering application sharing rules.

I have reported this oddity on here (or its Beta predecessor) and to technical support a number of times.  However, UPnP should work fine on the Type B and give you Open Nat on XBox Live; if it doesn't then try turning the hub off for 10 minutes (and then back on obviously, because you'll definitely get Strict Nat if you don't turn the hub on  Smiley Very Happy ).

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
j-whitney
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

Yep it is a type B

Even though I have never set anything up in the application sharing it still doesn't work but it isn't that much Of a problem (I was just wondering if it could be fixed)

thanks Smiley Very Happy

Thanks
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

I'm also getting the same but I'm not really bothered about assigining the xbox to the HUB. 

However I am wondering if this can cause problems with Media Centre...?  I just can't connect to Media Centre with my 360 and it's really pissing me off....?? The PC and the 360 just can't see each other.  I've tried turning off firewalls and opening up all the ports and making exceptions for the software in the firewalls....you name it and I'll tell you if I've tried it.

Windows 7 Ultimate by the way

Windows Media Player 11 worked so much better.

Conflict

The game or application you’ve selected conflicts with an application () you’ve already assigned to another device.

Please remove the other application or select the same device.

0 Ratings
Croftie
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

@MooJuice wrote:

Unfortunately there's a bug in the B's firmware that means once you've set up 'application sharing' to a device you won't be able to set up application sharing for those ports again - to any device, even if you remove the application sharing rule or carry out either factory reset from the management interface or the recessed reset button.

There is a workaround that is dependent on users being completely distrustful of BT devices and ridiculously obsessive (read: an4l (sic)); the trick is to make a backup of the configuration when you first connect the hub after you've received it and before you make any configuration changes to the application sharing settings (it'll force you to change the admin password which will persist in the config backup).  Restoring the hub to the backup configuration eliminates any lingering application sharing rules.

I have reported this oddity on here (or its Beta predecessor) and to technical support a number of times.  However, UPnP should work fine on the Type B and give you Open Nat on XBox Live; if it doesn't then try turning the hub off for 10 minutes (and then back on obviously, because you'll definitely get Strict Nat if you don't turn the hub on  Smiley Very Happy ).

Is there a fix for this yet?

My Software version is: 4.7.5.1.83.2.11 (Type B)

I want to disable DHCP, asign static IP's and setup port forwarding like I did pre infinity on my netgear, but this bug is getting in the way.. efectively rendering it useless.

0 Ratings
rob335
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

I'm on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.3.5 (Type B), and the problem is still there! 😞

0 Ratings