cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Problem with IP phone using Home Hub 5

I've recently changed to BT broadband, which came with a HH5 router. I've had an IP phone from my employer for a few years - all worked fine until I installed the HH5. I now have a problem where I only have one way voice - ie can hear someone I call but they can't hear me or vice versa. I see from other posts that this isn't an entirely new problem.

The IP phone connects direct to a Samsung 7200 Officeserv system. Our telecoms contractor, who looks after the Samsung system, have advised that the settings of the HH5 need to be altered. They have taken a look at the Home Hub Manager settings and have commented that the SIP ALG setting appears to have been hidden - they mentioned that this was available on the HH3 & HH4. They have advised that SIP ALG needs to be turned off to enable the IP phone to function correctly. can anyone advise how to do this please, or who I can approach for help (the usual BT help channels were worse than a chocolate teapot)?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with IP phone using Home Hub 5

You may be better off using a different VDSL modem/router, as the HH5 is really quite basic, and intended for normal domestic usage, its quite locked down so people cannot alter any settings that would stop it from working. This is to make support easier.

Are you a business customer, or just a homeworker?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with IP phone using Home Hub 5

Just a homeworker

0 Ratings