Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ostapm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Contract still not right

Thanks to Patrick for phoning today.

In case anybody is following this thread I'll try to explain what I think happened during the process.

Patrick previously cancelled my line rental saver (LRS) but although I got a refund, because of a lag in the BT accounting process my account did not pick up the cancellation in time and thought I still wanted LRS so set itself up to take it from direct debit. I had paid my original LRS by credit card and just to confuse things my refund was not paid to my credit card but to my bank.

So I've now got an unexpected £208.80 in my bank which is handy because as it stands BT are going to take it out again and their mistake means I won't go overdrawn.

I've asked Patrick if I can just to continue with LRS, i.e. cancel the cancellation and he is going to phone me on Monday to explain if this is possible. I think continuing with LRS is the safest way to avoid anything further going wrong. Either way, with regard to LRS I think this will sort itself out on my next account.

Regarding the TV discount of 13p instead of £4, Patrick explained that this is a quirk of the BT accounting process which should square itself up on my next bill.

Regarding my deal, it is close enought to what was agreed and further argument runs the risk of something going wrong, e.g. a wrong button being pressed resulting in the loss of all or part of my service.

My sympathies are with all the public facing staff at BT including Patrick. They must be as fustrated as we are at the ineptness of the BT accounting system for which I blame back-office managers.

I'll post again if anything further transpires and definitely post again in a month's time to tell what happened with my next bill.

Ostap

0 Ratings
ostapm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Hello again

Just got my January bill today and afraid to say it is still not right.

1. Regarding Line Rental SaverI was expecting either:-

a) A refund of £208.80 or

b) An adjustment of -£18.99 in the monthly bill.

The bill shows neither. I would prefer now just to get the £208.80 refund.

Regarding Total Entertainment I was promised a discount of £4 per month. This was shown on my December bill but has now disappeared on my January bill.

Could Patrick or another moderator please contact me to discuss.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 13 of 15

Hi @ostapm1,

@PaddyB is looking into all of this for you. He'll be going over it tomorrow and will give you a call to discuss it all.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
ostapm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Patrick, could you please phone me again.

I've just noticed that the new contract you put me on shows a broadband contract length of 12 months. The agreement I made was for a broadband contract length of 18 months and my December and January bills shows this to be the case.

0 Ratings
ostapm1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

For anyone following this thread and to remind myself I'd like to record a few things.

I contacted Patrick because I noticed on my "Track Your Order" page that my Broadband terms mentioned 12 months whereas I was expecting 18 months. Patrick explained that this was just an artefact inserted by the BT system when he adjusted my TV contract to give a £4 discount and that nothing had changed wrt to BB length and my next bill would show the 18 months same as Dec & Jan bills. 

Patrick said that with the exception of line rental saver the original contract (the one that was cancelled by the girl in Glasgow) still stands and I am happy with that. The confusion arose because a 'data integrity' issue had attached itself to my account and that issue has now been cleared.

With regard to £208.80 line rental saver, that has today been refunded and is made up of £156.28 returned to my bank plus £52.52 in payment of my January bill. As a result of the foregoing the £52.52 direct debit due on 21 Jan will now not be taken by BT.

I'll return to the forum in a month's time to confirm that all is well or not well.

Thanks again Patrick!

0 Ratings