cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JW1102
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Problems With Blackberry Torch 9800

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a problem I appear to be having surrounding my girlfriend's phone and our BT Hub.

When my girlfriend uses the internet on her Blackberry Torch 9800 it throws everybody else off the router which includes my Iphone, laptop and PS3. It had been racking my brain as to what the problem was recently as I was finding I was having to reset my router several times a day and it finally twigged this weekend when she went away and I had a weekend of trouble free internet use. Lo and behold, she comes back yesterday evening and the problems start up again!

Anyway, stopping short of getting rid of her and her phone, does anyone know why this may be happening and does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problems With Blackberry Torch 9800

looking at the search facility some people had some success by changing the wireless in the hub from b/g/n to just b/g  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JW1102
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Cheers mate. Have tried it. Will reply with results.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

if not then it is one less possilbe solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jamesari
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

try changing the wireless channel to no 11 n also remove any electromagnetic dvices from near the hub if thers any
0 Ratings
JW1102
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Wireless type change seems to be doing the job at present so thanks for that. If the problem reappears I will try changing the channel. When you say electro magnetic devices, could you give me an example? I.e. is a telly electro-magnetic?

0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 10

Pretty much any electric device, but different devices put out different interference patterns. general culprits are DECT phones for example

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

I did read a post where the problem was a plasma tv

0 Ratings
JW1102
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Well I've moved it well away from an LCD TV it was pretty close to so hopefully that combined with the wireless type should solve my problems. Thanks for all the input folks!

0 Ratings
jamesari
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

yep television or speakers or computer monitor , even cordless fones
0 Ratings