Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 21 of 36

Re: Problems accessing BT Yahoo email

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi dfenceman,

Thanks for posting.

I know an issue was raised this morning about problems using BT Yahoo Mail.  The problems you're having may be related to this and they're working on getting it sorted.  Can you leave it for a few hours and if you're still having problems post back and we'll take it from there?

Cheers,

Robbie

Hi Robbie,

There seems to be several posts on the slow page opening and email issues.  However I cannot find any response from the Mods.  Can you let us know what the situation is please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 22 of 36

@dfenceman wrote:

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi dfenceman,

Thanks for posting.

I know an issue was raised this morning about problems using BT Yahoo Mail.  The problems you're having may be related to this and they're working on getting it sorted.  Can you leave it for a few hours and if you're still having problems post back and we'll take it from there?

Cheers,

Robbie

Hi Robbie & any other Mod that is looking,

There are a number of posts and announcements from you about the BT Yahoo mail problem, which worked for me earlier this morning, but none about the slowness of pages to open.  This part of the problem, should it be linked, is still there. 

Can we have a prompt response as to when it will be fixed please ?

If it is still going to take some time I will go to a house that does not use BT as its ISP.

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 36

Hi defenceman,

The lastest update is on the sticky and as soon as we have anything else we'll let you know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 36

This is the third day of trouble.  The service here is totally unacceptable.  When is the Operations Manager or board member going to explain publicly what has happened, make a sensible apology, and give a reliable time for a fix?

This morning, some mail is getting through from BT and other maila ccounts, but all my accounts are reporting the dreaded 0x80040600 "unknown error" fault.  Much of my mail is still not being downloaded. 

This tells me the issue is your POP service, and it is most unliikely to be an "undersea cable break", as you reported in one posting on this forum.

Please be honest, and get some management grown-ups back in the office this morning to take charge of informing your customers of the real situation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 36

Hi David,

I've had no e-mail service since Thursday afternoon.  The call centre tells me it will be another 24 to 48 hours before being fixed.  I said it wasn't good enough and asked how I should make an official complaint.  Guess what?  I was given an e-mail address to send my complaint to!  This is rubbish.  No plan B. The other problem I have is that my MY BT account wouldn't recognise my ID or password so I am blocked out of that now. This is dreadful service and I am looking at other ISP providers offers which do look quite attractive.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 26 of 36

Interesting that the Post from Sailmaker was input at 10:04 on 22nd Nov, but I got the e mail regarding it at 14:29.

Is this delay acceptable?

Other than this my e mail is working fine today after two days of  problems.

Thought for the day:- BT have all their customers e mail addresses, so why not send a e mail apology to us all. I realise that it would not be available to us until the system is corrected but it would show they are being in customer welfare. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 27 of 36

@DavidM wrote:

Hi defenceman,

The lastest update is on the sticky and as soon as we have anything else we'll let you know.

Cheers

David

Hi DavidM,

Since I got no response within the hour (that is not a complaint or criticism, I understand how busy you must be) I elected to go to a non-BT household ( TT for reference as yesterday) in order to get an uninterupted internet connection.

Thanks for your response however, your sticky (which was posted almost 24 hours ago) makes no mention of the slow loading of pages.

Have you any idea when this aspect is going to be fixed yet please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 28 of 36

@dfenceman wrote:

@DavidM wrote:

Hi defenceman,

Cheers

David

Hi DavidM,

Since I got no response within the hour (that is not a complaint or criticism, I understand how busy you must be) I elected to go to a non-BT household ( TT for reference as yesterday) in order to get an uninterupted internet connection.

Thanks for your response however, your sticky (which was posted almost 24 hours ago) makes no mention of the slow loading of pages.

Have you any idea when this aspect is going to be fixed yet please ?

Any news yet please David ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 36

Hi dfenceman,

The BT Yahoo issues are still being worked on and we don't have any further updates at this time.  As DavidM has posted the solution requires the repair of an undersea cable and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused whilst this repair is ongoing.

The BT Yahoo issues have no connection to slow webpage issues.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 30 of 36

It was interesting to note that, while our email was basically broken and wildly unreliable, I was still getting messages from BT telling me that "BT's best ever broadband deal was still on!".

No apology, no explanation, not even some glimmer of hope that they can manage the transfer of our accounts from Yahoo to whatever without further disruption.

I have taken out Hotmail emails now, as a fallback.  I can't have our business being held up (and looking unprofessional) because of this kind of service.  It isn't the first time...

0 Ratings