cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Problems accessing BT email through Safari

I can't access my BT email account using Safari. I can access all other websites without a problem. Email account worked six hours ago, but not now.

When I attempt to access the account it comes up with various statements saying "Email account has been de-activated" and "Email account has been barred as rules have been breached" and a few others.

I can access my account using Firefox, and I've contacted BT who say there isn't a problem with the account as it can be accessed via Firefox.

I've tried resetting Safari and deleting all cookies, but all to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problems accessing BT email through Safari

I experienced it this morning on Mac, although still working on iPad. Have been advised there is a problem and it should be resolved in 24 hours.

Have you tried signing in thru Yahoo?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 9

I've just tried it and it seems to be OK with me. Safari 8.0.7 on Yosemite.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

This is still going on today. The only response I can get - there is an outage. That is after 20 minutes 'on-line' chat and 2 phone calls.

Does anyone have a contact number so I would be able to talk to someone in the UK? I really am getting sick & tired of trying to get a solution from someone who clearly does not understand the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 9

I have the same problem.  I've been communicating via twitter with BT "Care" who don't seem to have the foggiest.  It's so frustrating !! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Have received the following-

We’re currently having problems with the email login page and we’re trying to sort this out. You should be able to visit www.yahoo.co.uk/email and get your emails ok, or use an email client such as Mac mail. It may take us a couple of days to sort this out

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I've been having the same problem using Firefox light - you try and log in using https://signin1.bt.com/login/loginform and you get this weird page with all manner of links (mainly mybt) to all sorts of problems like unused email to abuse of email. Same with SWMBO's computer which is on Win7, mines still XP. I even went so far as installing Chrome on both which works properly. I've now uninstalled light and installed Firefox 40 and updated another old machine to Firefox 40 and they are now all working. I.E. on SWMBO's PC got there after a long wait. BT's sites refuse to deal with my I.E.8 on my old XP machine.

I also found all manner of nonsense trying to use "My BT". I clicked on the "View my bill" and it sent me to that weird page. Another foray into MyBT and I ended up with part of the BT home page but just a stripe across the middle. It does work properly on Chrome and now on Firefox 40.

It seems as though some new code has been used which "Light" and "Safari" have not caught up with. I think that it is very wrong to use new code which has not been fully tested on several browsers from something as vital as BT mail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

And further to the above - if you're stuck then click on the "MyBT" link on that funny page and after entering user and p/word at some point you get to an Email addresses management page and you can then click on favourite address and get to your email page.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Firefox Light is working again. Someone must have got to work in the website coding dept.. Can anyone report that Safari is also fixed then we could mark this as solved?

0 Ratings