Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeithBinding
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Problems connecting my LG smart TV to my BT homehub 3

Go to solution

OK so my tv picks up the wifi signal, but everytime i put the password in it fails? and yes its the right password.. Ive even turned the network security off and still no connection.

I have used my phone as a wifi hotspot and it did connect, so its definatley a problem with connecting to the homehub.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problems connecting my LG smart TV to my BT homehub 3

Go to solution

this was for samsung may well help with lg  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/samsung/TV/samsungtv.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Welcome to this forum.

Why are you bothering with WiFi? It will work much better if you connect it to the home hub using an Ethernet cable or broadband extender?

Wireless is going to really struggle with the bandwidth requirement of a smart TV, and is likely to make other wireless devices run very slow.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I don't have a problem with my samsung smart tv using wireless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KeithBinding
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Defeats the whole point in having a smart TV with wifi thats why!

0 Ratings
KeithBinding
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Cheers Jolly i will try your solution now.. 🙂

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

it's not my solution but a solution which worked for others and comes actually from Keith's help pages

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Are you plugging the WiFi dongle straight into the back of the TV?

My new Linsar TV came with a wireless dongle and a USB extension lead - but no instructions.  After a lot of trial-and-error, I discovered that the WiFi dongle was extremely flaky and unreliable - unless I moved it away from the TV using the extension lead.

Until I moved it, the dongle could see the Home Hub's network fine, but it struggled to connect at all and soon lost the connection if it did connect.  Now it seems to connect every time.

0 Ratings
KeithBinding
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

No its a built in wifi

doesnt matter now anyway, im having virgin fibre optic installed. im just having to many problems with BT broadband!

thanks anyway guys

0 Ratings