cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Problems connecting to wireless internet

Hi

For the past few weeks I've been having problems connecting to my wireless connection.  My pc is plugged in with an ethernet cable and works just fine.  My housemate uses my internet wirelessly and says that it constantly says it cannot connect.  I have had the same problem when trying to use my ipod touch on the wireless connection too.

If I reset the homehub by switching it off and on again it seems to resolve the problem.  Then a few hours goes by and it says the wireless connection is unavailable again.

I have one of the old white homehubs that I've had for years and all the lights appear to be showing that everything is normal and my pc never loses connection.  It just appears to be the wireless connection.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions or help anyone can offer although I'm not very technical and switching the hub on and off is about the extent of my knowledge lol

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems connecting to wireless internet

try downloading inssider and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. Then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that imjolly.

I've downloaded inssider and scanned and found the channel I'm on which I appear to be sharing with half of the street so I'm assuming that probably is the problem.

Next stupid question...how do I enter my router? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser that should bring up the hub manager then navigate to wireless and change from auto to manual then change the channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

I've done that now so hopefully it will help.

Thank you very much for your help 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

hope it works for you - a free channel must be better than a congeted oneSmiley Wink

0 Ratings