cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judgepd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 48

Re: Problems in Worcester? If so, please reply with details.

These are the results of speed tests running every 10 minutes over a three day period.  You can see the issues with the evenings clearly.

JDAST_Graph_2014_02_19_21_52_27.png

0 Ratings
Bonetired
Contributor
Message 32 of 48

And over a few more days ....

0 Ratings
judgepd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 48

I've been asked for results with the BT speedtester so here they are Saturday morning followed by Sunday evening and then Sunday evening while signed on as speedtest@speedtest_domain.  This pattern is repeated every evening.

Thanks

BTW Performance Test Sat Morn.pngBTW Performance Test Sun Eve.pngTest Result.png

0 Ratings
Bonetired
Contributor
Message 34 of 48

Worcester St Peters - Major News

I have received the following email from BT ( I have removed any names)

"

This customer is tied up with another case I am dealing with. We had a SK [ SAM KNOWS https://www.samknows.com/ ] probe sent out a week or two ago and proved there was an issue. This was escalated to BTW who confirmed there is a capacity issue in the area and they are part way through the uplift process. They are waiting on OR to provide fibres to the exchange (CAD of 28th Feb) and will then apply for an emergency PEW to get this commissioned/integrated. The current date that I have been quoted for customers to see the effect of this is early/mid March. BTW are escalating with OR to get the fibres provided sooner but nothing back on this yet.

XXXX is working on a solution to get these things on a customer facing site so that agents/customers can see if there are issues like this and when they can expect to see a resolution."

0 Ratings
mortster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 48

Re: Worcester St Peters - Major News

Great news to understand that the various BT arms are aware of the issue, and that we do have a capacity issue, as we expected. Thanks for all the information on here chaps, especially the detailed graphs. Let's hope the issue gets sorted, and our speeds continue to provide the level of service that the 'Infinity' product can provide.

0 Ratings
Brother52
Contributor
Message 36 of 48

Re: Worcester St Peters - Major News

0 Ratings
mortster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 48

Well it's 20:12 and I'm getting a solid 48Mb/s down on various speedtest sites, maybe the issue is fixed already ? fingers crossed....

0 Ratings
Brother52
Contributor
Message 38 of 48

still been ropy tonight, dropped connections in both World of Tanks and GW2 speed test at around 8:45 was 30Mbs, better but still not the 70+ i'm used to speed test now at midnight gives 73Mbps
0 Ratings
Brother52
Contributor
Message 39 of 48

just got a stock script reply from BT for my report, check wifi, link speed is not connection speed etc. depressing really given the amount of technical detail I provided in my fault report 😞
0 Ratings
mortster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 48

Start:06/03/2014 02:01
Cleared:06/03/2014 06:00
Duration:3 Hours 58 Minutes
Message:This Planned Engineering Work is required on the 21C Network within the (Worcester Saint Peters) region for (capacity upgrades).
Area Codes:01905
0 Ratings