Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rocket996
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Problems leaving BT

Go to solution

I'm hoping one of the forum moderators can help me once more. Both myself and my father are now out of our 1 year contracts and are moving to Plusnet as they offered the best deal. Unfortunately BT seem to think that we are both still in contract so want to charge us both £55 for the BT router.

Both our contracts started on 16 Nov 2016 so we are both out of contract and free to leave. I think the problem was that when we started our contracts BT messed up the orders and so although our phone lines changed to BT on 16 Nov 2016 our broadband was cancelled then re-ordered by BT and our broadband did not go live until 02 Dec 2016.

Please see my original thread for the details of this...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Mastercard-and-BT-ID-problems-for-a-new-customer/m-p/1691...

Could somebody please confirm that both myself and my father are out of contract and so free to leave BT without penalty as it was BT's fault that our orders got messed up. I note that both our next bills are quoting £40 a month for line rental and broadband which to me indicates that we are both out of contract.

Thanks for any help.

Roy.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems leaving BT

Go to solution

Hi @Rocket996

Thanks for your post and welcome back!  Sorry for the confusion around yours and your Dad's contract end dates.

Can you have a go chatting with our >> Billing Live Chat Team << to see if they can get you sorted today?

Post back and let me know how you get on chatting with them.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Rocket996
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hello @RobbieMac

Live chat billing are adamant that we need to pay leaving fees which I strongly dispute. I could not make them understand the situation or that we are both being charged full rate on our next bills which obviously means we are out of contract.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Rocket996

Thanks for replying to let me know you contacted the live chat team.

I suggested this route as when we take your details in it will take a few days for us to get round to picking up your case.  I wanted to see if you could get this sorted today without having to wait that time.

Send us over your details and we'll come back to you.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Rocket996
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie. Details sent as requested.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Rocket996,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm glad I was able to get this resolved for you. I know you're moving away from BT but if you do decide to return post back if you have any problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings