cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Problems since last upgrade

Hi we had a vision box upgrade a few weeks ago since then had several problems with bt vision box ,the main on is it goes into standby 3or4 times a day ,after several emails and phone calls finally spoke to an engineer this morning who told me they go into standby every 4 hours even if you watching a program and nothing they can do about it.Luckly still have my sky hd box which doesnt go into standby every 4 hours.Lots more chanells free on sky anyway ,so i think with the other problems bt have created with there vision box i for one am off back to sky. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems since last upgrade

The box should tell you when it is about to go into standby, and give you the option to press OK to keep it on. You can change the default 4 hours within the settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems since last upgrade

@billnorfolk wrote:

Hi we had a vision box upgrade a few weeks ago since then had several problems with bt vision box ,the main on is it goes into standby 3or4 times a day ,after several emails and phone calls finally spoke to an engineer this morning who told me they go into standby every 4 hours even if you watching a program and nothing they can do about it.Luckly still have my sky hd box which doesnt go into standby every 4 hours.Lots more chanells free on sky anyway ,so i think with the other problems bt have created with there vision box i for one am off back to sky. 

Which box do you have? The BT Vision box you name or the YouView from BT box this part of the forum is about? 

0 Ratings