Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheShorties
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Problems switching phone provider as address does not match BT

Go to solution

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this message but my problem appears to be that BT hold my old address details and my new provider has the correct details and so I can't transfer my phone from my old provider to my new one. The problem with the address is that the old address had the wrong postcode and that has now been corrected. The new supplier says"you need to contact BT and ask them to update your address, which is called an ORDI request." Can you assist? Thanks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems switching phone provider as address does not match BT

Go to solution

Only your current provider can request an update to the Openreach database. This can take up to 10 days.

I assume you are leaving BT Retail and moving to another provider, is that correct, or are you just moving between other providers and not BT Retail?

0 Ratings
TheShorties
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Keith, my current provider is the Post Office (I was transferred to them when the previous provider went out of business) and I'm trying to transfer to Plusnet (with whom I already have broadband). Since my line was transferred from Newcall to Post Office without me doing anything I struggle to see why Plusnet can't achieve the same thing?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Then only the Post Office can request a database change. They have to contact Openreach and ask them to update the address details.

This is a BT Retail forum and can only help BT Retail customers.

Sorry.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @TheShorties The information supplied by Keith is correct and the request to correct your address records can only come from your current service provider. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings