cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Problems using internet explorer 10 with windows 7 and BT webmail

In BT webmail, when I want to attach a file from my libraries (either my documents or my pictures) to an email, I cannot see some of the folders.  However if I access BT webmail through Google Chrome, and attach a file to my email, all the folders are shown.  It seems to be a problem with Internet Explorer 10 as I had no problem before with Internet Explorer 9.  I have checked that files and folders are not hidden. Does anyone have any idea why this should happen.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems using internet explorer 10 with windows 7 and BT webmail

just tried using IE10 and windows 7 and no problem finding and sending 3mb photo

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I use Windows 7 and IE 10 and when I want to add an attachment I have no problem seeing all my files on the computer. If it is a problem with IE10 then it would appear to be only on your computer rather than a fault with IE10.

It might be worth uninstalling IE10 then reinstall to see if this cures the problem unless somebody else can come up with a fix.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

In case you are not sure how to uninstall IE10 follow this guide:

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 10, as IE9 is automatically restored once you complete this process.

First of all, click on the “Start” button and type “Programs and Features” in the search box. Click on the “View installed updates” in the left pane of the menu.

Go over to the “Uninstall an update” screen and scroll down to the “Microsoft Windows” section. Simply select Internet Explorer 10 and click “Uninstall.”

It usually takes a while until the process comes to an end, avoid stopping or cancelling it. A reboot is necessary to complete the removal and restore IE9.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi, Many thanks & I uninstalled IE10 with no problems and now have IE9 and the problem has not gone away - still there ignoring one folder. I would suggest that this is not an Internet Explorer problem. Any other solutions?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

create and new folder and move everything across seems an easy solution

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings