cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Problems with BT Smart Hub and Powerline adapters (TP Link AV1300)

Go to solution

I had run powerline ethernet setups before on the BT hub 4 and it worked completely fine. but ever since upgrading to the BT Smart hub i have been met with issues. so here is what i did.

when first connecting the bt smart hub via the powerline adapters. the smart hub started giving out the flashing orange light. and my pc that was connected on the other end of the powerline setup was not detecting the router

next i proceeded to disable smart setup in thinking that the smart hub was thinking the powerline adapter as a independant device. but of course the same thing happened on the PC

then after unpairing (thinking the special encryption feature on the powerlines were messing with the smart hub) and some restarts on all devices. the PC was detecting a network. and the smarthub was recognising the PC as connected to Ethernet.

but when i went on to speedtest.org after what i believed to be success on this issue. after 5 seconds. the orange lights start flashing again on the smarthub and it takes about 3 minutes to get back on. and this was happened about 3 times.

Now i have no idea what to do to solve this problem. can anyone help?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems with BT Smart Hub and Powerline adapters (TP Link AV1300)

Go to solution

okay nevermind. for some random reason it started to work. im just going to test it by downloading a large file and see how it goes

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with BT Smart Hub and Powerline adapters (TP Link AV1300)

Go to solution

Hi @Fraz007,

Thanks for posting. Hopefully you've managed to sort this. Can you post back and let me know how downloading the large files goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings