Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finbo
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Problems with BT Wifi App

Go to solution

I'm the BT account holder and use the BT Wifi App without problems. My stepson has also downloaded the App and can access it via my log in too.

He also had full access to the App, but that has changed in the past week after he came back from holiday.

On our Home Hub 5, I have selected times when the children can't access the wifi from the Hub  - at night for example.

Until now, my stepson was able to access the internet via the BT Wifi App outside of the hub times, if we allowed him to have his phone for longer.

Now he's unable to use the App outside of the Hub times. It's now as though the two are linked together when previously they weren't. 

I thought the BT Wifi App would be independent of the Home Hub?

Anyone know of why this may have changed when before it all worked ok?

My stepson says he hasn't changed any settings and I certainly haven't done anything different.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems with BT Wifi App

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This may explain it.

The home hub controls access using the individual device MAC address, so if that MAC address is blacklisted, it will not connect to the hub.

Access control only stops new devices connecting, so if your stepson tried to connect during the time when access was blocked, then its likely that his device would be blocked.

If he was connected before that time, then the connection should stay up for a maximum of two hours, which is the connection time limit for BT Wifi.

If nothing has changed, then reset the home hub to factory default, and setup access control again.

0 Ratings
Finbo
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with BT Wifi App

Go to solution
Many thanks
0 Ratings