cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanwar
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Problems with BT infinity (shocking customer service)- MODS please assist.

Hi,

I joined BT for the first time in April 2016. My experience has been a nightmare, to be honest.

I switched my TV, phone and broadband to BT. My Infinity connection has been dropping intermittently twice a day, and my youview service did not work at all until I called BT and was sent BT extenders, and it is now working.

When I called about my inifinity problems, I had to wait for over an hour to speak to someone from the 'technical team' who initially carried out some checks and advised that there was nothing wrong with my line. He then changed his tune and said he couldn't help me because my connection was not dropping 'regularly' enough- 5-6 times a day. Outrageous! Naturally I was unhappy with this and asked to speak to his manager (this will be all on the notes) and he agreed. He put me on hold for over half an hour, with the call then ending (not by me).

I then called again and asked to speak to the complaints team (when the automated system asks you what your call is about etc.) and I was put through to someone from the billing team, in the UK. I complained and she understood but she did not log my complaint, rather she said I would still have to speak to the technical team. She offered for them to call me back, within an hour, which I agreed to. Guess what, an hour later no call back.

I then called again, and a complaint appeared to be logged (I was given a complaint number too) and was told I would receive a call. Funnily enough, the same lady from billing called me back and stated I would still have to call the technical team, despite me telling her I had not received the callback.

In conclusion, my connection still dropping every day. I am shocked and disappointed at such a service from a company like BT.

I believe barriers have been raised against me complaining, as per the above sequence of events, so I have passed the matter onto the Communication Ombudsman as well.

I look forward to hearing from the mods on here, as I simply cannot waste hours on the telephone with BT any more.

I can provide my account details etc. via PM.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Problems with BT infinity (shocking customer service)- MODS please assist.

apart from phoning have you tried anything to see if you can improve the connection?

in order to help can you

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using the test socket with a new filter

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kanwar
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi

I have tried the tests I could do myself. The line seems quiet. i need BT to help me with this, thats what I pay them good money for!

I also need someone to check if my p2p or traffic is being throttled, as it appears to be the case.

Any help is appreciated in the above regard.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

BT do not throttled connections now. You can check by running glasnost test - just google

can you post the information I asked for in my previous post which will help the forum members to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kanwar
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

Thank you for your help with this.

Please find below the requested information, where I have followed all the instructions. 

I have done QUIET LINE test as you advised and there is a distinct, consistent crackle on the line.

Please can this be resolved?

By the way, my complaint has gone through to the BT team now, and I have been informed by the financial ombudsman that I will receive a response within 8 weeks.

I expect to be compensated by BT for the stress caused to me during my time with BT so far, with my broadband still dropping, and of course for the connection problems themselves to be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number (I HAVE DELETED) on Exchange HIGH WYCOMBE is served by Cabinet 13

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

Featured Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTP Availability Date

Left in Jumper

ADSL Products

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)3627.47.55.5--Available----
VDSL Range B (Impacted)27.412.56.93--Available----
FTTP on Demand33030--Available----
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 8--5.5 to 12.5Available----
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 8Up to 15.5 to 12.5Available----
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4.5 to 8Available----
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available----
Fixed Rate2----Available----
VDSL Multicast------Available----
ADSL Multicast------Available----

wholesale performance test.png

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

Just to throw my two cents in here.

I had a dropping line for three months and the only useful information and final fix came from the forum team. You're in the right hands here.

On another note - I doubt you'll get compensation. If you read the contract there isn't really anything about service uptime and the minimum amount. You've had a service (although it's been terrible). I've only seen compensation given out for complete loss of service
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

If you have noise on quiet line test then you need to report a phone fault   To 151. Get rid of noise and broadband will improve

0 Ratings
cobra7
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Hi was your charged for your wi fi extenders ?

0 Ratings
kanwar
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Hi Cobra,

No, I wasn't charged for them.

Connection still dropping weeks into my contract, and still no word from BT.

Shocking.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Did you report the phone fault like I suggested previously?  If so have you had engineer visit?

Can you post stats from your router

0 Ratings