cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobM
Contributor
Message 51 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

Angry Customer Alert. Played Beta 4, 5 and 6 with no problem what so ever, even on US Shards - 150ms latency max. TRIED to screenshot my peek on EU Shards, hitting stupid numbers like 340,000ms latency. Alas, I think Trion broke Screenshots, because my client says "Screenshot Saved" but there's no image located anywhere on my drive. Anyway, that's besides the point... This needs to get sorted, I've just spent £50 (roughly) on the game and I will kill a baby lamb for every day that I have to play above 300ms latency on my supposedly 20mbit Broadband Package. Either the lambs don't get silenced anymore, or I switch to Virgin Media. I swear on my actual testicles, please start being pro, and fix your Broadband. I'm actually embarrassed to say "I'm with BT" when people ask what ISP I have. Seriously.
0 Ratings
barrensky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 331

Puppies are a better choice, most people like lamb chops, but puppies being silenced takes it to a whole new lvl 😛
0 Ratings
smee106
Message 53 of 331

same prob here, think i might be changing isp's very shortly if they don't get it sorted.
0 Ratings
lorddark
Contributor
Message 54 of 331

Yup, same problem here.
0 Ratings
Blackdolphyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 331

Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

Same here, very angry - lag in game is so bad i just cant play.

Please BT fix this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RobM
Contributor
Message 56 of 331

Well, I pay 15 quid a month or something, for up to 20mbit BB - and tbh, BT is the worst ISP I know - since I get no more than 5mbit, yet pay the same price as my friend down south, who gets 18.5mbit.

Unstable Connections.
Tacky Router/Modem.
Slow Speeds.
Alot more but I already made a thread about what I'm unhappy about.

Virgin Media is where it's at I'm afraid, 13.50 a month and a no-nonsense fibre optic connection (yay for stability?! Take a leaf BT), up to 10mbit BB (which is better because BT saying I can get up to 20mbit is raping my wallet in exchange for false hope).

I might even pay the extra fiver a month and get up to 50mb BB... I know for a fact V-Media is more stable. My mum pays £12.00 a month and gets 18,000kbps. (She's been with Virgin since about... 2000 or 2001) - I shoulda followed in her footsteps A LONG time ago.
0 Ratings
Blackdolphyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 331

Re: Rift and ports restricted by BT Broadband

0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 58 of 331

In fairness, the first 6 betas had issues with Virgin, so it's not just BT that ahs port and traffic shaping issues.

0 Ratings
donnylad
Message 59 of 331

All i can say is Leave BT there **bleep** get virgin media i can play any online game no lag and if i do have probs with my broadband it is sorted there and then if not i get discount off my bill or 3 months free broadband if it still carrys on

0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 60 of 331

Problem went at 11pm, coincidence?

I think not..

0 Ratings