Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 141 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

nilsatis

You seem unable to grasp a simple concept, so let me explain it for you...

Where do BT say they will throttle game traffic on certain ports? Where do they inform you of this when you subscribe?

here it is in large print so you can read and understand "GAME TRAFFIC SHOULD NOT BE THROTTLED AT PEAK TIMES, AND 6000-6020 IS NOT A P2P PORT RANGE"

This doesn't only affect Trion and Rift it affects others as well and there are a lot more than 20 subscribers affected, only 20 have posted here, there are hundreds more in the Trion forums.

You say you cant educate ignorance as its chosen state of mind and you go ahead and prove it every post you make.

Trion have implemented a hotfix so that people who are blocked on that port range will connect on port 80, however, this won't work for retarded BT as they dont block those ports they just throttle traffic using those ports, so we are still screwed until BT wake up and smell the coffee.

0 Ratings
Rikk
Beginner
Message 142 of 331

Sorry Nil, I take you really have something against trion and online gamers or you just have a real chubby on for BT as you seem to be missing the point constantly.

If BT want to filter P2P traffic I have no issues with that, kinda messes up my evening downloads from work but hey, BUT they should be doing it properly and inspecting the packets not just doing a blanket throttling of a port range.

If this was done by BT correctly the problem would never have come up. If you want to see a lot of annoyed people, not just the ones who can be bothered to sign up here check this http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?67835-Cant-play-Rift-with-BT-internet./page40

If all you want to do is deflect blame away from BT then please start your own thread don't keep beating your little drum in here.

We pay for a service, currently because BT want to throttle/shape their traffic we are not getting that service.

barrensky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 331

over 26000 views of that one post in less than 48hrs, thats a lot of un happy BT customers

0 Ratings
Shazzy
Aspiring Expert
Message 144 of 331

What I've done is block the 6000-6020 range in my firewall to hopefully force it to try port 80.  I actually had to turn on Windows firewall to do it because neither Mccaffee btnet protect plus or bthub can block specific ports.  (unless someone knows how to do it)

So far it's fine but I'll see if it still works after 4pmish.

0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 145 of 331

pro tip shazzy thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 146 of 331

From what I read on your forums and others this beta worked until it changed ports, it changed due to pressure of users of the game who used other providers of broadband.  Now that suggests to me you should pressure your game developer to sort it out.  It appears its rather lazy or hoping an ISP provider fixes it for them.  If you care to broaden your concepts and opinions check the links below.

I have every right to balance a discussion on this forum, on a service that suits my needs, be that general internet browsing, streaming and most importantly online gaming. “ I DO LOVE MY BT” Smiley Wink

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/Rift/m-p/324695

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/RIFT-New-MMO-getting-terrible-pings-...

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?51493-Insane-Lag/page2

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 147 of 331

Well done on quoting the old port range posts you really are epic in ignoring the obvious 😄

Still you fail to address why you support throttling a port range that is not used for P2P, you continue to confirm your own affirmation about chosen ignorance.

THERE IS NO LEJITIMATE REASON TO BLOCK THIS PORT RANGE.

Trion cannot go to every ISP in the world to find which port ranges they block thru stupidity, so no worries, we will all go to Sky Broadband as they are not epicly stupid with indian call centres too dumb to wipe their own backsides.

Glad you are happy with your service, now go find someone else to patronise as your help here is non-existant and you are just repeatedly trolling now.

0 Ratings
Sozzals
Message 148 of 331

BT Get your fingers out please. At least give us the courtesy of a reply.
0 Ratings
jessop
Message 149 of 331

yep this is silly please get this sorted asap and let us know what is happening please

0 Ratings
Tven0
Contributor
Message 150 of 331

Just pointing out for the benefit of people who don't know:

Using your firewall to block the port range 6000-6020 to force the game to run on port 80 (after the latest update) does not fix our problem with BT. You will still get 10k+ms lag anytime you go near a rift or a lot of other players and the game will be largely unplayable.

The fix Trion have released today has done nothing for us, and nothing for the US college students who it is intended for. We have to wait yet another day for a potential BT fix, if it will even be that soon - which I doubt.

So I stress again, Trion has acted, what are BT doing?

Update us please.

0 Ratings