cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shazzy
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

From the Rift forums an official has posted (Brent)

"Our Network Engineering team has been made aware of the issue and they are reaching out to BT Internet now. I'll update when more information is available. Thanks for reporting this!"

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Tven0
Contributor
Message 42 of 331

Official Trion response:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?67835-Cant-play-Rift-with-BT-internet./page8

Half way down the page.

0 Ratings
spegler
Beginner
Message 43 of 331

just adding my myself to this post to say I too an experiencing the problems with huge lag when trying to play in Beta 7 of the RIFT by TRION where I had no problems at all in the previous two betas.

Dont really care who's 'fault' it is but want it fixed before the game launches. I suspect BT will remain suitability ignorant and push TRION to simply use different ports but really BT should simply not be traffic shapping legitimate software to this extent.

BT's processes should proove P2P traffic before simply just blanket throttling ports. In this case TRIONs legimate traffic should be exempt from this behaviour.

0 Ratings
Tann
Message 44 of 331

Long term BT User here also unable to play RIFT MMO as you are incorrectly identifying the traffic as peer to peer - which it obviously is not.
You did exactly the same thing with Global Agenda as I recall. Here is hoping you can rectify this mistake in a more timely fashion than you did with that.
As a previous poster stated: 

BT's processes should proove P2P traffic before simply just blanket throttling ports. In this case TRIONs legimate traffic should be exempt from this behaviour.

I wonder about the legaility of denying users access to legal service that you accept payment for?  Please work with Trion to resolve soonest.
I really should wake up and smell the coffee.  Everyone makes mistakes, but to not learn from them and simply repeat them, that is unforgivable.

0 Ratings
RushFan73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 331

Same issue here. I had no problem in Beta 5 and 6. The game ran great nonstop! Today BAM, wall of lag. I can't even type in any chat channel without having to wait 8-10 seconds ore more for it to show up.

BT please fix this, and quickly. We all pay for BROADBAND, NOT NARROWBAND! I'm not trying to be snide or rude, just saying this is unacceptable service. I understand fully if its an issue with ports caused by Trion, but between you and then I think a fix can be made.

0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 46 of 331

Hmm could be a lejitimate contract breaker... "Unfit for Purpose"

0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 47 of 331

Re: Rift and ports restricted by BT Broadband

There is another thread at 5-6 pages alerady about this 🙂

0 Ratings
Tapout
Beginner
Message 48 of 331

Same problem here, thinking moving from zen was a very bad idea 😕

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 331

Same here , phoned BT and reported it to call centre. i know thats gonna help
0 Ratings
Swampster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 331

Same problem here, had no problems in any previous beta... it's slightly co-incidental that there's so many people using BT Retail ISP's suffering the same problems... latency in 30K-150K ms range making the game unplayable at present. SY Digital Region broadband... where art thou... you can't come soon enough!
0 Ratings